Fresh Border Blood

4 hours ago, jeemes said:

Good luck with them mate. The best we had self entered at 15months. He didnt show interest before that day but worked every week after it.

The bitch is entered, the dog will get his chance this season. Hopefully we have a successful season.

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steady season with the borders, my border bitch has came back well after her litter and I've getting the dog entered. 2 pups I've kept back from the litter, Roy and Maggie the 3rd pup went back to the

I've been lucky enough to get these 2 borders, one bitch already entered and a young dog ready to start this season. Credit to the man who's done all the hard work over the past decade plus a hopefull

They look strong animals pal. That's them two of mine   

Posted Images

I went out digging with a border terrier a few years.. probably the best locating and finding dog I’ve seen.. we did 2 massive ranging earths. The younger black dogs struggled to find, and keep in one place.. we entered old faithful and she found and held both times in the same morning.. 

• Like 8
19 hours ago, moonlighter said:

I went out digging with a border terrier a few years.. probably the best locating and finding dog I’ve seen.. we did 2 massive ranging earths. The younger black dogs struggled to find, and keep in one place.. we entered old faithful and she found and held both times in the same morning.. 

yip that’s them borders that most people think don’t work?

• Like 2
19 hours ago, moonlighter said:

People hold a question mark over borders, yes sometimes they are slow starters other are early starters and some are shite just like any other breed of terrier.  But i'll tell you what if you have good honest borders you'll not need anything else. Its good to see others are seeing borders doing the job.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, jossa said:

People hold a question mark over borders, yes sometimes they are slow starters other are early starters and some are shite just like any other breed of terrier.  But i'll tell you what if you have good honest borders you'll not need anything else. Its good to see others are seeing borders doing the job.

You will need a kennel full if you’re out every week ?

only seen a couple that actually were worth feeding 

but they were a bit on the hard side

goof terriers mind 

ATB T

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, TonyT said:

You will need a kennel full if you’re out every week ?

only seen a couple that actually were worth feeding 

but they were a bit on the hard side

goof terriers mind 

ATB T

mates had a few between them at one time..sire was a dog called Tyson.....nothing lasted more than 2 seasons,some started getting picky, coming out for a drink ?the others were rough workers, had no manners no matter how much of a hiding they took?...all good finders in the big places mind ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

mates had a few between them at one time..sire was a dog called Tyson.....nothing lasted more than 2 seasons,some started getting picky, coming out for a drink ?the others were rough workers, had no manners no matter how much of a hiding they took?...all good finders in the big places mind ?

If it’s the same Tyson…. I saw it once

had a bad day this particular time and we got 

it with a small Russell 

no doubt it did work but tight earth called for a pipe cleaner dog.

We were following DB’s Waen if I remember right

be 12 yr ago ?

ATB Tony

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Tried to get one myself to be honest

they don’t look as obvious as the blacks

Couldnt afford one in the end… or at least justify

the price tag

Still like a bit of border in my cross breds

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Tyson from wales?

11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

open stud,was in the back of the CMW £80 a lining from memory..

I remember the dog £100 a line a few of my mates seen him,and they all said he was the size of a bitch instead of a dog.But some say he produced some workers.

6 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I remember the dog £100 a line a few of my mates seen him,and they all said he was the size of a bitch instead of a dog.But some say he produced some workers.

He was a smart looker, brought the size down,in the ones I saw out of him ,they would work,but would get smashed up more than the black dogs we used?

On 28/08/2022 at 08:42, jossa said:

That was being said when I started with terriers, almost 50 years ago ?‍♀️ the working (digging) Border blood must be very much reduced by now, sadly.

Cheers, D.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 28/08/2022 at 20:37, Daniel cain said:

He was a smart looker, brought the size down,in the ones I saw out of him ,they would work,but would get smashed up more than the black dogs we used?

I know that feeling,my 2 dogs were mute and only 4 digs a year out the 2 of them as they were to hard.My bitches were nice and steady

• Like 1