F in ticks

9 hours ago, D Lloyd said:

Dogs are being plagued by ticks this here and midges tried few shampoo's and flee stuff is the anything really good for ticks . cheers

Virbac prinovox is good stuff but pricy but works very well on ticks and fleas and all worms 

3 hours ago, Black neck said:

I found that herbal stuff Rubbish 

used it a few times but added pure teatree oil in with it,worked on the terriers and ferrets?

my big dog has an allergy to fleas, every treatment on the market bar advantage makes her hair fallout,have to do her every 4/5 weeks,if I don't she goes bald through scratching..have to cover her in benzoate then,cool the itching and wait for hair to come back?

5 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

How does she pick up fleas so regularly? Or is it just a preventative. Genuine question. 

more preventative..took us a while to suss what the problem was.. noticed she would start scratching every 5/6 weeks if I don't put it on her?

my Mrs had an English bull when I met her,that dog was the same,needed treatment once a month or it go bald?

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

used it a few times but added pure teatree oil in with it,worked on the terriers and ferrets?

my big dog has an allergy to fleas, every treatment on the market bar advantage makes her hair fallout,have to do her every 4/5 weeks,if I don't she goes bald through scratching..have to cover her in benzoate then,cool the itching and wait for hair to come back?

Sounds a right game ,fair play 2 ya for sorting the itchy bugger out

Hi to all, I worked on parasite control in late 1990s. There's not many actives that control ticks (most insecticide modes of action kill adult fleas). Flea eggs in your house or dog bed need vacuuming and for a spray, suffocation with an oil would work, residual insecticide or an insect growth regulator would kill them as they emerge. For ticks the standout active is fipronil. When I lived in Essex and it was easy to booze cruise, I bought fipronil sprays in French hypermarkets. They seem to have less regulation on OTC vet products.  It's a stable active so good for 2 to 3 years in the pack. Fortunately we rarely suffer flea problems on dogs. Ferrets do suffer in season, every outing bring homes a load of fleas and I spray them with fipronil every 3 to 4 weeks and physically remove ticks, also change bedding and wipe round corners of bed areas a day or so after a ferreting trip to remove fleas / ticks that have fed and dropped off

• Like 2