Superhuman fish man

Early 90's I stayed with these people in a place called sitangkai, pirates had burnt the hotel down so I ended up staying in a house on stilts on a coral reef, the badjao of old were reputed to come to land only once, upon their death, the rest of the time they live in stilt houses or on boats. 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Saw it, bet that’s some feeling, knowing your that comfy underwater an that at home your in no rush to head back up, j tried snorkelling an was amazed at how good it was, but imagine being able to do what he can, crazy 

The mad thing is that the vast majority of it a psychological adaptation, not physical. Unlike other performance sports. His bodies ability to hold breath is little different to before he started, he just trained his mind to be comfortable and controlled in the physiological extremes. 

Its just mental watching them go up and down relentlessly.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mackem said:

Early 90's I stayed with these people in a place called sitangkai, pirates had burnt the hotel down so I ended up staying in a house on stilts on a coral reef, the badjao of old were reputed to come to land only once, upon their death, the rest of the time they live in stilt houses or on boats. 

Yeah I’ve known about those guys for a while. They’ve actually evolved to handle it better. But I think their average dive is a minute or less.

Cool experience though.

3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Yeah I’ve known about those guys for a while. They’ve actually evolved to handle it better. But I think their average dive is a minute or less.

Cool experience though.

Probably the most marine adapted people on the face of the planet, the kids were like little otters, no fear whatsoever of water, my eldest son did a freediving course, he heard of some guy who held his breath for 12 minutes, but archives post above is incredible. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ArchieHood said:

Thats nothing in comparison....

WWW.GUINNESSWORLDRECORDS.COM

The record for the longest time breath held voluntarily (male) has been broken with a staggering new time achieved by Budimir Šobat (Croatia)

That is phenomenal. But it certainly doesn’t make the world record I posted ‘nothing’. :laugh: :thumbs:

Activity dramatically reduces the time your body can last without dumping the CO2 and taking on more O2. 

2 minutes ago, mackem said:

Probably the most marine adapted people on the face of the planet, the kids were like little otters, no fear whatsoever of water, my eldest son did a freediving course, he heard of some guy who held his breath for 12 minutes, but archives post above is incredible. 

They've found their DNA has altered and even the women folk whom rarely go in water have the DNA to allow for lower oxygen or water related science thingy 

4 minutes ago, mackem said:

I don’t mean to go all ‘Joe Rogan’, but have you heard of aquatic ape theory?

True or not it’s undeniable how adapted humans are to water, compared to other monkeys.

• Haha 2