up the lionesses

On 10/08/2022 at 06:31, foxdropper said:

Youve just proved my point Gnash .I’m no lefty lover nor am I a woke citizen .

Dinosaurs like you will die out leaving the world a better place .

I don’t give a damn about ladies football ,not a jot but I’ll stand up for their right to play it and be seen .

As this is a hunting site I thought maybe you had some connection to it but maybe I’m wrong and your just a sad old man with a grump on .

Make your mind up what it is you want to argue about hunting or football ?

When you can justify why i should have to pay to support womens football when i dont like it i,ll justify to you my " connection " to hunting.

You " dont give a damn about ladies football " but are resolutely defending it being televised on channels we have to pay for....but you're not at all woke ?....you f****n minge !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 1

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope it does get more girls out playing sports, the shit young girls seem to put up with these days with social media, having to look a certain way, stupid pouting pictures, the need to be liked by

Posted Images

On 10/08/2022 at 10:40, WILF said:

Technically, they were pretty good….good technique, addressed the ball well (as pointed out about their corners), 

I was having a natter about this exact point with someone who played the game at a high level and i said exactly that " when they take a corner they seem to miss the first man easy enough ".....i says.

To which i received a detailed lecture about the huge differences in the way top male players are " addressing " the ball as you say,with tons of whip so as any slight touch is going to send the ball hurtling towards the net ( inswinging corners obviously )......whereas the women are literally just floating the ball over into a dangerous area......having played the game you'll understand what he was on about better than me but even to me it made plenty of sense......my grandson can just float a ball into an area.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Make your mind up what it is you want to argue about hunting or football ?

When you can justify why i should have to pay to support womens football when i dont like it i,ll justify to you my " connection " to hunting.

You " dont give a damn about ladies football " but are resolutely defending it being televised on channels we have to pay for....but you're not at all woke ?....you f****n minge !

Not arguing at all Gnash ,just my point of view from the outset .

You are entitled to an opinion as am I but you seem to need to add a childish insult to the end of your posts as if it means something ??

Water off a ducks back you silly old c**t .

You don’t have to watch ladies football nor do you  have to watch the shite football we see at so called premier level .

Im not a football fan ,my life revolves around hunting and nothing else but if ladies football can deliver the likes of the other night then what the feck you moaning about .

If it’s the pay thing then don’t pay ,simple ,get yourself to the games you want to see .

I’ll let you judge whether I’m woke or not ???

I do find it strange we have a few on here that post continually in this section but not a jot in actual hunting sections ,just an observation .

If equality comes under the woke heading then I am indeed woke ???????
Im a firm believer everyone’s deserves a chance until they f**k up .

• Like 2
7 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I was having a natter about this exact point with someone who played the game at a high level and i said exactly that " when they take a corner they seem to miss the first man easy enough ".....i says.

To which i received a detailed lecture about the huge differences in the way top male players are " addressing " the ball as you say,with tons of whip so as any slight touch is going to send the ball hurtling towards the net ( inswinging corners obviously )......whereas the women are literally just floating the ball over into a dangerous area......having played the game you'll understand what he was on about better than me but even to me it made plenty of sense......my grandson can just float a ball into an area.

Fair one mate, I’d be interested to read what else your pal said, I think I know who you are on about and for someone like me his take on it would be something I’d find really absorbing.

You can’t beat listening to people who have played at good level, was down at an U17 match my lad got called into the squad for earlier in the year.

The coach of that squad is an English lad called Anthony Elding, he has been around a bit and played at proper level….Leeds, Preston and load of other clubs, played Champions League for Sligo Rovers…..a proper unit and a tidy lad.

Anyway, we was in the stands watching this game and some paddy was behind the dug out who had probably been watching GAA all his life and “supports Liverpool” (obvs!!) and was giving Anthony a load of stick….Anthony turns round and say “I’ve played in the champions league son, when you’ve played where I have played then you can talk, until then….shut your f***ing mouth !” Lol ? 

And that’s it really, we are all just having our opinions but to hear it from lads who have been there and done it is always an education I reckon.

12 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Not arguing at all Gnash ,just my point of view from the outset .

You are entitled to an opinion as am I but you seem to need to add a childish insult to the end of your posts as if it means something ??

Water off a ducks back you silly old c**t .

You don’t have to watch ladies football nor do you  have to watch the shite football we see at so called premier level .

Im not a football fan ,my life revolves around hunting and nothing else but if ladies football can deliver the likes of the other night then what the feck you moaning about .

If it’s the pay thing then don’t pay ,simple ,get yourself to the games you want to see .

I’ll let you judge whether I’m woke or not ???

I do find it strange we have a few on here that post continually in this section but not a jot in actual hunting sections ,just an observation .

If equality comes under the woke heading then I am indeed woke ???????
Im a firm believer everyone’s deserves a chance until they f**k up .

It’s a forum , the section general talk , is for general talk , plenty of lads who do a bit write in here. 

is that okay like ? 

2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

What Wilf is saying Gnash is shut the f**k up cos you know nothing ????

Not at all but he knows that anyway, I reckon he has watched enough football to know a thing or two about what he is looking at.

But that’s football, everyone sees their own game.

There have been a few posts relating to how those who really know the game see things. I am reminded of a game when comments were made by the polar opposite.

Gateshead v Newcastle pre-season friendly. My brother in-law played in defence for Gateshead at the time, a semi-pro. Not a tappy tappy exhibition bout sort of friendly, Newcastle had the mentality of wining every game back then and scoring as many goals as possible, in the 1st half anyway. Shearer was playing. If memory serves correctly I think it was the 1st time that Ginola had played in a black and white shirt.

My brother in-law was given a torrid time and a Gateshead fan behind us was giving him an even worse one. Eventually my sister had had enough, stood up and turned around. She's about 5'1".

Sister - Excuse me, have you been to work today?

Fan - err, yes

Sister - well so has my husband, and he must be tired. Do you think that you could do any better?

Fan - no, even if I hadn't been to work I can't play as good as your husband

Sister - well thank you. Please try and be nicer

The fan then stopped criticising and started supporting. They still got hammered mind.

Edited by eastcoast
Memory did not serve correctly - Shearer signed after Ginola. An embarrassing mistake.
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Didn't Harry redknapp once give a abusive fan a game in a friendly when he said he could do better I think the lad even scored ?

He did mate, but the better story is when he was being told at a fans forum by some beer gut on legs that a 17 year Frank Lampard was rubbish, shouldn’t be in the team and was only getting picked because he was Harry’s nephew !

Harry told him that young Frank was one of the best he’d seen and was going to be “a top, top player”

Beer gut said “Well I don’t agree with you” lol……….I wonder how many times his mates have played him that clip and ripped the piss out of him ! Lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 3
50 minutes ago, WILF said:

He did mate, but the better story is when he was being told at a fans forum by some beer gut on legs that a 17 year Frank Lampard was rubbish, shouldn’t be in the team and was only getting picked because he was Harry’s nephew !

Harry told him that young Frank was one of the best he’d seen and was going to be “a top, top player”

Beer gut said “Well I don’t agree with you” lol……….I wonder how many times his mates have played him that clip and ripped the piss out of him ! Lol 

Do you remember when souness was Southampton manger and someone saying they were George weir world footballer of the year at the time  and asked him to sign his brother which he did and actually played him in a prem game then subbed him in the first half when he realised he wasn't even semi pro level ?

21 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

It's very good point that mate about the men getting the spin and pace on the ball when taking a corner.. i would've never taken that into consideration. 

Funny thing is though.. the winning goal for the womens final against Germany was actually from a floated in corner... bang on the money!! 

36 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Do you remember when souness was Southampton manger and someone saying they were George weir world footballer of the year at the time  and asked him to sign his brother which he did and actually played him in a prem game then subbed him in the first half when he realised he wasn't even semi pro level ?

Never heard that mate, that’s amazing ? 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

He said it was his cousin , I remember that , the video is amazing . 

• Like 1

Just a comment on women in men's sports;

In the World Series of Darts in Australia, the woman given a spot, was destroyed by a punter.

Now, I've nothing against women's darts, my missus was world ranked back in the 80's at women's darts, but honestly would have struggled at County level in the men's game.

My point is Fallon Sherrock took the place of men who were far better than her.

Why ? 

Cheers.