up the lionesses

On 31/07/2022 at 16:26, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’d stood and watched an amateur game on a wet Saturday morning in North Yorkshire 

it was probably at a better level than the Non event being played later . It’s cringe as f**k .

No its not it was great. That chip over the Goalie was Genious.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope it does get more girls out playing sports, the shit young girls seem to put up with these days with social media, having to look a certain way, stupid pouting pictures, the need to be liked by

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TelephonePete said:

No its not it was great. That chip over the Goalie was Genious.

I chipped the goalkeeper from within my own half. It isn't uncommon. (It taught him not to stand on the edge of his box when they had a corner) ?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Nicepix said:

I chipped the goalkeeper from within my own half. It isn't uncommon. (It taught him not to stand on the edge of his box when they had a corner) ?

Not at Wembley with 88 thousand people watching you didnt..??

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Not at Wembley with 88 thousand people watching you didnt..??

Hood Green .v. Thurgoland 1977/8 season. Local derby cup tie. 1:1 with ten minutes to go. They had a corner, cleared out to me on the edge of the box. Full back closed me down. Pushed the ball past him on the outside, ran around him on the inside, looked up and saw their goalie was stood on the 18 yard line. The ball came down with snow on it and scraped under the bar with him back peddling like a circus monocyclist. 60 fecking yards. The referee came over and shook my hand.

Doesn't get any more high pressure than that. 

And it was a complete fluke!

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Hood Green .v. Thurgoland 1977/8 season. Local derby cup tie. 1:1 with ten minutes to go. They had a corner, cleared out to me on the edge of the box. Full back closed me down. Pushed the ball past him on the outside, ran around him on the inside, looked up and saw their goalie was stood on the 18 yard line. The ball came down with snow on it and scraped under the bar with him back peddling like a circus monocyclist. 60 fecking yards. The referee came over and shook my hand.

Nice one mate.. ?

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, bird said:

Well done Lionesses, great win on home soil.beating the  Germans lol. Reading some of the threads on this post, is  amazing really, just enjoy the win in a English  shirt, OK the football on different level to the men, and it always will be. Men are, faster, stronger, more agile in any contact sport  like say just enjoy the win. It my birthday today 1 8 52,=70 today yeh old fecker, but in good mood, the win deff put me there, just need my team Wolves to get some wins, and good start this season,  and I be a old happy bloke?

Happy birthday Ray ? hope there's many more. ?

Cheers, D.

On 31/07/2022 at 23:40, WILF said:

Probably a lot like yourself mate I will watch a local Sunday league game, non league, youth football and, just for this final I watched the women beat the Germans (I also watched West Ham ladies in a final the other year, can’t remember when)…..f**k me, I even watch Irish football ! Lol 

I just take it for what it is, it’s football at a certain level……East Thurrock Utd ain’t Barcelona and I don’t expect Barcelona when I pay my £10 to watch them.

I just don’t even hear the bollocks they say about this stuff because I don’t watch it enough, like today, I came in at kick off and got up for my dinner when they won.

We both know what we are watching no matter what the talking heads on the telly say, bit like when they wheel in some fat spade bird to tell us all what a load of horrible c**ts we all are……not a blind bit of notice.

I will still take England beating the Krauts at Wembley in a football match with an all white team……I’ll take that all day long.

England ladies, European champions, no spades required ! 

We are all being dictated to and held to ransom via sport though mate it doesnt take a clever person to see that.....my view is we never gave a bollock about womens football yesterday so why do we today ?......because its being forced on us thats why....nah im not having it its poor quality football all in the name of diversity and progress.....pure bullshit !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, bird said:

Well done Lionesses, great win on home soil.beating the  Germans lol. Reading some of the threads on this post, is  amazing really, just enjoy the win in a English  shirt, OK the football on different level to the men, and it always will be. Men are, faster, stronger, more agile in any contact sport  like say just enjoy the win. It my birthday today 1 8 52,=70 today yeh old fecker, but in good mood, the win deff put me there, just need my team Wolves to get some wins, and good start this season,  and I be a old happy bloke?

Womens football has been around for years mate its a shame some of you lads never gave a bollock about it until the wonderful inclusive diverse society yous all moan about forced it on you !..........Happy Birthday boss :thumbs:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Its not for us older football lads really, we can't help but compare it to the mens game and it lacks no doubt...but if it motivates young girls to get on a football pitch abs out of their bedroom glued to their phone...then great I say

I couldnt agree more im all for healthy living youngsters chasing their dreams..........but we pay Sky top dollar to watch top football that is now going to be consistently polluted with crap womens football that most people dont give a shit about.

Let them have their own channel/build their own game/get their own following.......on their own merit.  

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Nicepix said:

With that much detail from 50 odd years ago im going to take a wild guess and say thats the only goal you ever scored ? ?

Anyway i bet you couldnt clear a 10 foot fence from 30 yards.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 3
8 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Thurgoland is a nice place if it’s the same one I’m thinking of?

5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

With that much detail from 50 odd years ago im going to take a wild guess and say thats the only goal you ever scored ? ?

Anyway i bet you couldnt clear a 10 foot fence from 30 yards.

Come on. Everybody would remember that goal. I also can remember nodding in the top corner after a fast break only for the ball to go through a loop where the netting hadn't been fitted properly and the ref didn't allow it. Life can be so cruel. Where was goal line technology when I needed it?

6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

We are all being dictated to and held to ransom via sport though mate it doesnt take a clever person to see that.....my view is we never gave a bollock about womens football yesterday so why do we today ?......because its being forced on us thats why....nah im not having it its poor quality football all in the name of diversity and progress.....pure bullshit !

You got it bad Gnash mate .

I suppose woman’s tennis is shite too .

Your protesting just a little too much mate like there’s a hormone imbalance or something .

You can always switch of and get outside and do a bit of hunting ,remember that mate ,outdoors instead of stuck in front the box .Age is no barrier on that .

If ladies footy is the quality I watched the other day then I’m all for it and as for it being pushed on us lol ? 

Diversity isn’t the same mate ,woman have always been here whilst the brown faces havnt .The word your looking for is equality .

My work place is full of it and I’m all for it tbh .

The days of telling them what to do are long gone .

• Like 2