up the lionesses

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope it does get more girls out playing sports, the shit young girls seem to put up with these days with social media, having to look a certain way, stupid pouting pictures, the need to be liked by

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’d stood and watched an amateur game on a wet Saturday morning in North Yorkshire 

it was probably at a better level than the Non event being played later . It’s cringe as f**k .

Now, I have thought about this a lot brother and especially after your little snippet about the 15 year old lads beating the USA……and I have to say my conclusion is this:

You can only play at your level, be that lads Sunday or Ladies Elite…..if you are at the top of your level then that has merit, nobody can take that away from you.

I wish I’d played for England in a major final at anything and especially football…….none of us will ever experience that walk down the tunnel in a shirt you love out on to the pitch at Wembley to face the old enemy……these girls will and imho that means something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Now, I have thought about this a lot brother and especially after your little snippet about the 15 year old lads beating the USA……and I have to say my conclusion is this:

You can only play at your level, be that lads Sunday or Ladies Elite…..if you are at the top of your level then that has merit, nobody can take that away from you.

I wish I’d played for England in a major final at anything and especially football…….none of us will ever experience that walk down the tunnel in a shirt you love out on to the pitch at Wembley to face the old enemy……these girls will and imho that means something.

It’s the way that it’s forced upon us as this is as good as mens football , this is how good they are , when in reality they wouldn’t get a game for a Sunday league team 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

How’s it cringe as you put it ?

Dont you think women should play football ‘ Box ‘ UFC ‘ fly planes or whatever ?

They at the top of their game ‘ FairPlay to them. 

I hate seeing women boxing and taking part in UFC - it just doesn't sit right.

I spoke on the phone to my daughter last week and asked what her fella and the twins were doing. She said they're watching the football, I said there's no football on, she said women's world cup, I said that's not football. I got a long Daaaaaaad! As a response. My granddaughter plays in a mixed football team, 12 years old ?

Perhaps I'm out of touch ???

Cheers, D.