West Coast of Scotland

Going to spend a week driving around the west coast of Scotland in a couple of weeks just me and the wife in a vw camper anyone got any suggestions / ideas on places to visit 

Used to spend a lot of time in the south west, God's own country. A mate kept a very small fishing boat in Sorbie, Newton Stewart. Used to be beautiful and untouched by tourism, don't know what it is like now but was great 20 year ago. Could dig lug worm with your hands on the beach. Loads of rabbits, hare and Roe deer.

I have no set plans on where to go yet going to a few nights wild camping and hopefully a few on a campsites within walking distance of a village with a couple of pubs / restaurants, the scenery and beaches look unreal 

2 hours ago, SKA said:

Going to spend a week driving around the west coast of Scotland in a couple of weeks just me and the wife in a vw camper anyone got any suggestions / ideas on places to visit 

Yea south of the Scottish border , 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, SKA said:

I have no set plans on where to go yet going to a few nights wild camping and hopefully a few on a campsites within walking distance of a village with a couple of pubs / restaurants, the scenery and beaches look unreal 

wild camp...at firemoore sands near Poolewe...have a look on line...YouTube....it is actually a £5 a night that goes to the parish council..camp on the dunes..

it's a beautiful beach...also try clachatoll...spelling right up past Ullapool...campsite there behind the beach...that again is stunning

• Like 1
13 hours ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Decent little campsite with hook ups at Drumnadrocit around a mile from Uruqhart Castle on the shores of Loch Ness. Good ablutions and washing facility’s .

Glen Co

Isle Of Skye

Fortrose and Cromarty

Spean Bridge

Fort Augustus

and anything and everything around that neck of the woods.

It really is a Special place Is The Highlands and Islands of Scotland ?

Ablutions and washing facility's you say?