Cornwall trip

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a little getaway with family...    

Had a nice few days at St Ives last week, sun shone most of the time, but sadly we caught no Bass. 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Shit hole lol, beautiful beaches, Tate Gallery, cnut of a place to get in and out of, Hayle next door is nicer.

Cheers, D.

Must admit I’ve no idea what the hype about the place is for. Same as any other seaside town imo.

The coast road to St Just is great though.

883E30DA-2737-4987-8FC2-CE326EEE43EC.jpeg

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

Beach day today.. well half of one.. Mrs Bush Rummager can only handle 4 hrs max on a beach. Moaning about it being hot and sand sticking to her etc. I think there must be some Eskimo not too far back in her lineage!!

Just another nice little bay..

20220809_160243_resized.jpg.482e4b083f0c7799b6671c5360996af3.jpg

20220809_155941_resized.jpg.b4b0b6b552497231d2bb0f5c08147c96.jpg

• Like 3

My Mrs is dropping Finley to board masters festival (Newquay) tomorrow, 5-30am away to try and avoid the tail backs...pretty much every school leaver in the South West will be pissed at the festival this week! Lol

Think we might go down Sunday to watch Kings Of Leon and bring our broken son home...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

My Mrs is dropping Finley to board masters festival (Newquay) tomorrow, 5-30am away to try and avoid the tail backs...pretty much every school leaver in the South West will be pissed at the festival this week! Lol

Think we might go down Sunday to watch Kings Of Leon and bring our broken son home...lol

Bet he'll have a great time there mate! I've just looked at the line-up and it's a bigger event than i realised! Not exact my taste generally but i wouldn't mind seeing Idles on Friday.. i don't mind a bit of theit stuff to be honest! Bet Kings of Leon put a decent show on too. Get yourself down there.. you never know, you might have a few grand kids on the ground in 9 months time!!??

Funnily enough we're in Newquay for a RIB ride tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to that. 

1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

Bet he'll have a great time there mate! I've just looked at the line-up and it's a bigger event than i realised! Not exact my taste generally but i wouldn't mind seeing Idles on Friday.. i don't mind a bit of theit stuff to be honest! Bet Kings of Leon put a decent show on too. Get yourself down there.. you never know, you might have a few grand kids on the ground in 9 months time!!??

Funnily enough we're in Newquay for a RIB ride tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to that. 

He loves his live music mate, the line up is OK, but when I see George Ezra on it thats the queue f**k it off for me! Lol

Word of warning, it could be bedlam.around Newquay tomorrow, hence the Mrs doing an early run with him, there will be loads of additional in top of the tourists with the festival traffic... the festival is east of Newquay, so your drive up should be OK... but the town and roads around might be chocca mate

• Like 1
9 hours ago, dytkos said:

I'm in the Newquay/Boardmasters CG cu traffic 4 times a night for work, glad I've only got 3 more shifts then off till September 2nd ???

Cheers, D.

Marie called me at 7-30 to say they were in the queue for drop off... Fin will be in there now with a beer in his hand...lucky git! Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, NEWKID said:

We’ve just left Newquay this morning nice beaches and I saw some massive fish in a cove, decent enough food too. Got a speeding ticket on the way down and had a tyre sidewall bulge got a new tyre in mjb tyres 220 quid ffs? was getting busy with the board masters crowd too.

• Like 1

Very.. very busy in Newquay today. We were booked on a RIB ride from the harbour and as my mrs isn't a massive fan of being in the full sun for long we got settled in a pub just above the harbour for a few cold ones and a bit of lunch. The Fort inn i think it was. Cracking view.. i could have stayed all day!

20220810_134934-2.jpg.533c9b7c2146930a39d820efdfe11ca8.jpg20220810_142723.jpg.dc6d9cdb2426e7d292fbc3a3a75a55af.jpg

• Like 4

Can't go wrong with a blast around on RIB.. went over to Watergate.. could see back of the Board masters set-up..

20220810_154513.jpg.3a6b3241bb68c2111aca7fb7fcc752c0.jpg

Newquay harbour.. cracking spot. Loads of kids swimming in there and jumping in off the wall. Got it's own little sandy beach... nice cafe.. and resident seal that kept popping up alongside the boats..

20220810_161153.jpg.177a770c23e694df9a837add5be17a62.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

Can't go wrong with a blast around on RIB.. went over to Watergate.. could see back of the Board masters set-up..

20220810_154513.jpg.3a6b3241bb68c2111aca7fb7fcc752c0.jpg

Newquay harbour.. cracking spot. Loads of kids swimming in there and jumping in off the wall. Got it's own little sandy beach... nice cafe.. and resident seal that kept popping up alongside the boats..

20220810_161153.jpg.177a770c23e694df9a837add5be17a62.jpg

Lovely mate just a great place . I was in that street food place right in the harbour yesterday. You can sit on a table right next to the boats on low tide( prob on high too). 5.50£ a beer .Beats Isle of Wight   6£for a bottle of beer that’s 12£ a pint .boys bankrupt??

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Lovely mate just a great place . I was in that street food place right in the harbour yesterday. You can sit on a table right next to the boats on low tide( prob on high too). 5.50£ a beer .Beats Isle of Wight   6£for a bottle of beer that’s 12£ a pint .boys bankrupt??

It sure is a nice place mate. We've got some fantastic places here in the UK especially for such a small place.. remonte mountains.. flatlands..  busy surfing beaches... quiet beaches.. rolling countryside untouched by time for years.. some great towns... some cracking cities. A bit of everything in such a small space in the scheme of things. I think we're very lucky and should appreciate it.

Got the ferry to the IOW for a day trip one day last week. We had fist week of our holls in Dorset...?

20220804_111542.jpg.a07632ddbb5c80f81de9b7dce0e3c5d5.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Very.. very busy in Newquay today. We were booked on a RIB ride from the harbour and as my mrs isn't a massive fan of being in the full sun for long we got settled in a pub just above the harbour for a few cold ones and a bit of lunch. The Fort inn i think it was. Cracking view.. i could have stayed all day!

20220810_134934-2.jpg.533c9b7c2146930a39d820efdfe11ca8.jpg20220810_142723.jpg.dc6d9cdb2426e7d292fbc3a3a75a55af.jpg

Right across from one of my sites - 25 yards. I'll be there again in an hour.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1