Cornwall trip

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Best pasties in Looe ate from Sarah's bakery...they are proper! Lol

Feck it was 30 years ago and i lived in Liskard on a site where the big Tesco's is now and the shop was sort of on the left as you went down to the sea front harbour as such, there was a funny fella who lived in a old railway hut and he was building a stone surround to it and when the outside was done his plans were to pull the inside down and whalla a house already built :laugh: , he had a old jag with a Bedford 330 lorry engine in it.He was also a man who made crossbows and iv'e never seen anything like them since but he stopped producing them when fuckwits started shooting swans etc and it ended up in the newspapers,he was a real nice fella with some tallents and a man who i will try to find when i'm down that way...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a little getaway with family...    

Had a nice few days at St Ives last week, sun shone most of the time, but sadly we caught no Bass. 

Posted Images

September is the best month in Cornwall imo, great weather, fabulous colours in the countryside and on the coast.

Most of the families of holiday makers have f****d off and there's less manic activity in the pubs, on the beaches and on the roads.

Pasties are usually the best from any local butchers, Ginsters are shite, as are Proper Cornish. Philps or Hamptons from Hayle are usually top notch, as are Portreath Bakery's or Barnecutts. ?

It's jam first on scones before any of those Devonians tell you otherwise.? 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dytkos said:

No Greggs in the Duchy.

Cheers, D.

Never say never ? your in for a taste bud treat ?

WWW-CORNWALLLIVE-COM.CDN.AMPPROJECT.ORG

Some thought, or hoped, the chain had decided to give up the newest Cornwall site

18 minutes ago, dytkos said:

September is the best month in Cornwall imo, great weather, fabulous colours in the countryside and on the coast.

Most of the families of holiday makers have f****d off and there's less manic activity in the pubs, on the beaches and on the roads.

Pasties are usually the best from any local butchers, Ginsters are shite, as are Proper Cornish. Philps or Hamptons from Hayle are usually top notch, as are Portreath Bakery's or Barnecutts. ?

Cheers, D.

I like jam before the Cream mate. Thats all a load of bollocks about Devon doing it one way and Cornish doing it another every man to his own.

Barnecutts are really nice Pasties I will give you that as well. A pasty has to be fresh you don't know what your getting with Ginsters cheap shit.

Cheers Arry

26 minutes ago, Arry said:

I like jam before the Cream mate. Thats all a load of bollocks about Devon doing it one way and Cornish doing it another every man to his own.

Barnecutts are really nice Pasties I will give you that as well. A pasty has to be fresh you don't know what your getting with Ginsters cheap shit.

Cheers Arry

Only good thing about ginsters is hound food ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Cheers, D.

Barnecutts are nice to be fair .

It's butter before jam or cream 

14 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Only good thing about ginsters is hound food ?

The huntsman of that pack had a young lurcher off us a number of years ago, a red coloured collie x and it was a lass off here(dairy farmers wife) who set it up but lost track of them over time..

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Watch the Greg Wallace programme about making pasties Arry.  
Thats the Ginsters factory. 
I wouldn’t feed them to the ex-wife. 

• Haha 7
2 hours ago, fireman said:

The huntsman of that pack had a young lurcher off us a number of years ago, a red coloured collie x and it was a lass off here(dairy farmers wife) who set it up but lost track of them over time..

They haven't had a lurcher on for many a year mate, must be a fair while ago ? 

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

They haven't had a lurcher on for many a year mate, must be a fair while ago ? 

Cheers, D.

Went down there with ooty and it was when i met you with him as it goes, :thumbs:..

3 hours ago, robbo said:

Watch the Greg Wallace programme about making pasties Arry.  
Thats the Ginsters factory. 
I wouldn’t feed them to the ex-wife. 

Robbo did you never have at pit