Cornwall trip

9 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I thought it was Portreath...I know it was just a few mile from Gwithian sands...which is a beautiful spot you might want to visit....dead west from where you are now

just WhatsApp his address to you mate

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a little getaway with family...    

Had a nice few days at St Ives last week, sun shone most of the time, but sadly we caught no Bass. 

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

From a touristy point of view you mean ?

Ive been to a few places down that way but never spent any real time there it'd be nice.

Yeah they all start to f**k off back home then but weather is still OK. They've also cut the hedges and put an extra 2ft on the roads. 

The south   coast has better walks and the north had better beaches imo whereas devon has both and better pasties ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Not a bad spot ‘ very nice in fact ‘ I’d put it on par with Northumberland and just behind the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.

The Minack yesterday was a little special as the Sun was blazing ‘the sky’s blue and the sea to boot.

You get the weather right down there there aren't any better beaches in the world imo... there are some stunning coves to explore around there mate... West Coast of Scotland is probably more dramatic, absolutely love that place but sitting on the beach in drizzle every day is wearing!! lol

Enjoy your break down here with us inbreds mate...??

49 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

From a touristy point of view you mean ?

Ive been to a few places down that way but never spent any real time there it'd be nice.

It's a lot quieter after the school holidays mate, the sea temperature is at its heighest at that time of year so real comfortable swimming in the sea... you normally get warm days and you aren't in the crowds... some of the villages get swamped with tourists and lose their appeal a little, it goes back to being old Devon and Cornwall a little more once the hoards of tourists are gone... 

Let me know if your heading down anytime, I'll treat you to a cuppa on the way through...

12 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Yeah they all start to f**k off back home then but weather is still OK. They've also cut the hedges and put an extra 2ft on the roads. 

The south   coast has better walks and the north had better beaches imo whereas devon has both and better pasties ?

don't start the pastie debate ffs... one of the Northerner "Cornish men" will be along to put you straight soon enough! lol

• Haha 2
45 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Done a few weeks down in Sennen cove ,then explore from there ,love it ,almost unspoilt Britain, lots of v dubs ,surfers choice of motor I guess.

Lottery win and I'm living there! 

My wifes step sister lives in Sennen, beautiful spot...loads of coves to explore down that way, get it just out of season and you'll get a beach to yourself..

1 hour ago, JBs Left Peg said:

The roads are narrow if you can call them roads 

More like bridleways

How the motor homes manage around some of them is anyone’s guess.

We just had guests leave from Liverpool, they said they shit themselves every time they came up the 1 track hill to ours that they would meet someone and have to reverse up/down the hill (it's tight!).. I had to pull a grockle up there a couple of years back as he burnt his clutch out coming up it, pulled him to ours and Mrs took the family in the house made them a cuppa etc whilst they waited for RAC, the bloke said to me in the yard "how do you reverse up that hill like that?" I can't get up there forwards"Lol

In the summer you seem to spend more time going backwards than forwards as it's quicker than watching someone hit the hedge 20 times to get 20 yards back to the nearest layby! lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

In the summer you seem to spend more time going backwards than forwards as it's quicker than watching someone hit the hedge 20 times to get 20 yards back to the nearest layby! lol

A mate of mine used to drip like f**k at me for keep reversing saying why do you have to all ways go back.

Because it's quicker.Lol.

Cheers Arry

6 minutes ago, Arry said:

A mate of mine used to drip like f**k at me for keep reversing saying why do you have to all ways go back.

Cheers Arry

Thats it mate... we get a lot stay with us from London (a group of 4 girls now from East London) and they all comment on the local roads, we are only 4 mile or so out of Exeter, but as you know that's enough to be on country lanes... obviously some are just not used to reversing anymore than into a space or around a corner, so 100 yards backwards when the hedge is touching both sides and the reversing alarm is screaming at them is a bit daunting! lol

I know I'm in trouble as soon as they undo their seatbelt and look over their shoulder... use your mirrors!! lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

It's a lot quieter after the school holidays mate, the sea temperature is at its heighest at that time of year so real comfortable swimming in the sea... you normally get warm days and you aren't in the crowds... some of the villages get swamped with tourists and lose their appeal a little, it goes back to being old Devon and Cornwall a little more once the hoards of tourists are gone... 

Let me know if your heading down anytime, I'll treat you to a cuppa on the way through...

17⁰c atm which is like bath water mate

56 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

don't start the pastie debate ffs... one of the Northerner "Cornish men" will be along to put you straight soon enough! lol

No debate; theirs are shite and cheaply made with more onion than anything ... ginsters is all we have to say ?

43 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

We just had guests leave from Liverpool, they said they shit themselves every time they came up the 1 track hill to ours that they would meet someone and have to reverse up/down the hill (it's tight!).. I had to pull a grockle up there a couple of years back as he burnt his clutch out coming up it, pulled him to ours and Mrs took the family in the house made them a cuppa etc whilst they waited for RAC, the bloke said to me in the yard "how do you reverse up that hill like that?" I can't get up there forwards"Lol

We call em bouncers, they bounce from 1 to the other 

38 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Me, misses and the lads I'm normally with all do the same .... see a car and slam into reverse and get it done. You see em look sometimes when misses is driving but truthfully she's one of the best reversers I know.

32 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Thats it mate... we get a lot stay with us from London (a group of 4 girls now from East London) and they all comment on the local roads, we are only 4 mile or so out of Exeter, but as you know that's enough to be on country lanes... obviously some are just not used to reversing anymore than into a space or around a corner, so 100 yards backwards when the hedge is touching both sides and the reversing alarm is screaming at them is a bit daunting! lol

I know I'm in trouble as soon as they undo their seatbelt and look over their shoulder... use your mirrors!! lol

Exactly, you fitted through going forward so you'll fit backwards.... just follow the hedgeline 

19 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I was waiting for D to sort out the Pastie debate Kev as he has been Cornish longer than me. 
I don’t eat many pasties as they give me heartburn like nothing else can. 
I’ve never eaten a pastie from Devon either so can’t comment on them, but I do feel able to say that cream first on a scone is just wrong.  ?

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, robbo said:

I was waiting for D to sort out the Pastie debate Kev as he has been Cornish longer than me. 
I don’t eat many pasties as they give me heartburn like nothing else can. 
I’ve never eaten a pastie from Devon either so can’t comment on them, but I do feel able to say that cream first on a scone is just wrong.  ?

??... cream is the butter my northern friend, don't let those Janners corrupt you! Lol

• Haha 1

When i lived in Cornwall 30 odd years ago there was a pastie shop in Looe that sold the best pasties i ever had,big old lumps of beef and no fecking air gap between filling and pastry. Used to do a bit of long netting around that area and St Austell way,do miss the place still and am trying to get this lorry sorted for a week away down there end of the month..

9 minutes ago, fireman said:

When i lived in Cornwall 30 odd years ago there was a pastie shop in Looe that sold the best pasties i ever had,big old lumps of beef and no fecking air gap between filling and pastry. Used to do a bit of long netting around that area and St Austell way,do miss the place still and am trying to get this lorry sorted for a week away down there end of the month..

Best pasties in Looe ate from Sarah's bakery...they are proper! Lol

• Like 1