A taste of their own medicine me thinks

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know I qgoing to get shit from some sides,  but park coursing is completely different from normal coursing. Its not something I support.....captive hares ran by greyhounds in muzzles isn't my i

Some of the rough coursing amidst the Irish farmlands, sedges, etc is incredibly exciting...I would far rather see the dog hunting his hares in such a natural manner.. Far, far better for me, tha

I've said many times on here over the years that if I want one for the pot, I don't care if it's taken out of the seat or a kick up, but if I'm out for sport, or to test a dog, the hare gets fair law,

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Never liked this type of sport ,to me I run a dog to catch something qs quick and easy as possible and to cage a hare is cruel at least I think so  

I totally agree with you there catch something as quick as possible But the bottom line is the greyhound Lads have every right to run there dogs up the field the hares are in pens for a week or so and vet checked too it's not going to last much longer the way things are going the woke army is winning ferreting will be next then fishing tell there's nothing 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

I totally agree with you there catch something as quick as possible But the bottom line is the greyhound Lads have every right to run there dogs up the field the hares are in pens for a week or so and vet checked too it's not going to last much longer the way things are going the woke army is winning ferreting will be next then fishing tell there's nothing 

ThTs the problem, if its something your not into they should keep they bloody nose out the road

19 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

A lot of these greyhound "lads"have the idea every hare in the island of Ireland belongs to them,..I used to hunt on land they couldn't run greyhounds on due to injury possibilities,and with permission,and they still behave as if it's their land,a large percentage of them are arseholes,some are sound,...the lurcher lads didn't do themselves any favours either,and the travellers completely furked it up,so much so some of these greyhound clubs,vandalize cars and turn up mob handed when there's only one or two lads walking the land,I've lost all sympathy for them,there's no room for lurcher lads in the countryside as far as their concerned 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

But the greyhounds Lads have a right to there way too they don't want to put muzzles on the dogs it's law makes them do it as you say each to there own all the best ? 

They should never have started with the muzzle thing. It's a stupid and cruel idea. If a hare is caught the most humane end is for it to be killed promptly by the hound.

Park coursing is not to my taste either. Hares are used to being chased by predators but being boxed up and moved creates prolonged stress and in my personal opinion is only justified for restocking a suitable area. Park coursing will most likely be banned sooner rather than later.

In reply to Sandy's point, I can see how you might think that but in truth, many irish hare populations have evolved in farmland and if they've been run regularly you might be surprised how well they do run.

• Like 1

Some of the rough coursing amidst the Irish farmlands, sedges, etc is incredibly exciting...I would far rather see the dog hunting his hares in such a natural manner..

Far, far better for me, than walking those god-forsaken , endless fecking Fens of East Anglia....yes,.. due to the terrain,.. you can often witness the course in its entirety, and yes, the hares are superlative, but after a few dozen trips, I found it to be like watching paint dry....not for me Brothers...?

AS for the Irish Park Coursing,...well, loads of pals have made the journey over, and it would seem to be a fast run up,.. and then,...that's about it, kinda thing...

Such a trip away is more about having the craic with the good hearted Irish lads, than anything to do with genuine hunting.....

Whatever,...I do believe,. like myself,...it will soon be,... just a memory.....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 14
16 hours ago, Wideboy said:

You are a f***ing bollix to the highest order. They are totally different sub species. Just like your needle nosed hounds that’ll never be tested. Don’t try and say your out testing them, running across the beach is the height of it I’d say. I used to think you knew what you were on about, you don’t have a clue. 

Here wideboy some your patter cracks me up needle nosed hounds haha...... classs

5 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Some of the rough coursing amidst the Irish farmlands, sedges, etc is incredibly exciting...I would far rather see the dog hunting his hares in such a natural manner..

Far, far better for me, than walking those god-forsaken , endless fecking Fens of East Anglia....yes,.. due to the terrain,.. you can often witness the course in its entirety, and yes, the hares are superlative, but after a few dozen trips, I found it to be like watching paint dry....not for me Brothers...?

AS for the Irish Park Coursing,...well, loads of pals have made the journey over, and it would seem to be a fast run up,.. and then,...that's about it, kinda thing...

Such a trip away is more about having the craic with the good hearted Irish lads, than anything to do with genuine hunting.....

Whatever,...I do believe,. like myself,...it will soon be,... just a memory.....?

5 hours ago, OldPhil said:

_MG_6130.JPG

Flat ooooooooot

17 hours ago, Wideboy said:

You are a f***ing bollix to the highest order. They are totally different sub species. Just like your needle nosed hounds that’ll never be tested. Don’t try and say your out testing them, running across the beach is the height of it I’d say. I used to think you knew what you were on about, you don’t have a clue. 

So are you saying I'm wrong? A caged hare is a test or a Irish hare is equivalent to a brown hare? If so sorry mate but no they're not.

As to comparison of Irish to mountain,  you said it yourself, subspecies, not seperate species ie they are lupus timidus

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Brpwn hare is a different species 

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

So sorry  mate its not me that's being a bollock of the highest order,, ?

I've found that people who disagree with good reason put that reason up as a counter argument whereas people who argue without good reason  resort to personal attacks as they have nothing  else. Always a bit sad to see.

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, sandymere said:

So are you saying I'm wrong? A caged hare is a test or a Irish hare is equivalent to a brown hare? If so sorry mate but no they're not.

As to comparison of Irish to mountain,  you said it yourself, subspecies, not seperate species ie they are lupus timidus

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Brpwn hare is a different species 

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

So sorry  mate its not me that's being a bollock of the highest order,, ?

chalk and cheese sandy ? one looks crossed with a rabbit and one is a running machine ? 

them paddy’s ? 

10 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

You’d have better sport with a rabbit compared to those whites, from my experience(unless you can tell me from your experience of both) 

i don’t run the whites mate bunny’s are enjoyable to be fair 

the irish hare looks like a rabbit i’ve heard there similar sport ? 

Edited by mC HULL
52 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i don’t run the whites mate bunny’s are enjoyable to be fair 

the irish hare looks like a rabbit i’ve heard there similar sport ? 

Them sand dogs would be too busy running from you to catch more than 1 ?

• Haha 1

sandy don't you think your maybe being slightly hypocritical...

after all both you and I have said how good a test the iberian hare looks ...with the likes of mC HULL taking the piss....also you yourself have put up vids of park coursing in Spain or Portugal....and the dogs being muzzled and still catching hares..

personally I'm not a fan of park coursing ...but each to there own

• Like 7