Hi all iv recently bought a new HW95 and having problems getting it to group consistently, iv tried several different makes of pellets. Iv also noticed that sometimes the barrel locks up so tight I can’t break it without giving it a slap down . Has anyone else had any problems like this ? Many thanks for any help John 

The hw95/98 is notorious for being very hold sensitive. Some people get one and get on with it immediately. Others and there are many of them have the problem that you are having and are unable to get it to group. I tried three times. Twice i also had the 98 barrel thinking the weight may calm it down. Not so. For no reason I could think of the third time i tried I found that I could shoot it. Eventually having succeeded with the gun I sold it as I prefered my HW99. That is the advise I give you. Its not your fault its a twitchy gun. Sell it and get a HW99. The slapping the barrel thing is not a fault its very common and will probably sort itself out as you shoot it.

Edited by TelephonePete

Thanks mate I can’t even get what I would call a decent group at 14 meters iv tried different holds and adding a weight to the silencer and had a tbt kit fitted with a gun smith it’s now had 1500 pellets through it and it’s done my head in . I got a old bsa mercury out yesterday and got a better group with open sight than i get with the 95 . I even put a different scope off my other rife on it thinking it could be the cross hairs moving 

if the barrel locks up different from time to time .., do you get two different groups that may prove that . have you shot it over a chrono . Is the crown of the barrel ok . I had a gun once the breech bit of the barrel where you push in the pellet was done badly and there was a few burs left in the barrel at the start of the rifling , so each pellet got a few deep cuts on the side of the pellet  . I discovered this by pushing a pellet slowly down the barrel and looking at the rifling marks left on the pellet  .

2 hours ago, barrywhite said:

if the barrel locks up different from time to time .., do you get two different groups that may prove that . have you shot it over a chrono . Is the crown of the barrel ok . I had a gun once the breech bit of the barrel where you push in the pellet was done badly and there was a few burs left in the barrel at the start of the rifling , so each pellet got a few deep cuts on the side of the pellet  . I discovered this by pushing a pellet slowly down the barrel and looking at the rifling marks left on the pellet  .

I haven’t chronod it but only had a tbt kit fitted 2 weeks ago and the gun smith had and said it was running at 11.6 with jsb exact. It’s taken the twang out but not really improved the accuracy. If I shoot a 10 shot group I would say I ll get 5 together and probably 2 high and 3 low 

30 minutes ago, Johncheetham4121 said:

I haven’t chronod it but only had a tbt kit fitted 2 weeks ago and the gun smith had and said it was running at 11.6 with jsb exact. It’s taken the twang out but not really improved the accuracy. If I shoot a 10 shot group I would say I ll get 5 together and probably 2 high and 3 low 

you need to chrony the gut , not to check for max power but for shot to shot consistency . 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Johncheetham4121 said:

Iv put a few cleaning pellets through with a pellet at the back of it would that do the trick or would I need to get a pull through ? 

Pull through every time 

• Like 1