2 minutes ago, kanny said:

As a kid I remember the panic on the estate when the van showed up ?...tbf the propaganda worked! They had most fooled 

They would have been better off investigating Saville or their disc jockeys back then rather than scaring pensioners into buying a licence, f**k them to be honest ?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They would have been better off investigating Saville or their disc jockeys back then rather than scaring pensioners into buying a licence, f**k them to be honest ?

Off topic but to me the same in regard to my take on modern Britain that asks the question "did the Nazi's win the war?" Started getting letters from the council stating that they did not know wh

International lesbians ?   

Posted Images

Just now, kanny said:

As a kid I remember the panic on the estate when the van showed up ?...tbf the propaganda worked! They had most fooled 

Eh, i remember only to well that van we a metal coat hanger on top,,     look lads bugger the tv licence of, if youve got that kind of money to spare, bung it off to Nigeria, i get regular emails from them asking fer a donation, i think its to help that poor lass we a hole in her bucket on top of her bonce, build there village  a little closer to the watering hole or summat,    his name is ebola or summat like that, im forever donating, im near skint 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, iworkwhippets said:

they just wont give up, well with me they havent, they asked me several questions by letter, how olld am i,    so i told rm, they in reply said age doesnt matter, am i on a certain pension credit they asked, yes i replied, which does qualify me for a free tv licence, but yet im still being mithered, so i just cut there letters into bum sizes pieces , saves on bog rolls 

32g0ww.jpg

4 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

No you get a fine or even worse could go to jail .............. My arse lol 

You go to jail for continually refusing to pay fines, that goes for anything.

Most people appearing in court for TV licencing are just stupid idiots who constantly admit to no license and watching TV on numerous occasions or people who try to be martyrs for their YouTube channel 

• Like 2

Many moons ago probably 80s I lived on the top floor of a tower block, one evening had a few boys round for a beer and a smoke and a watch on the box, door bell goes so as you do have a look over the balcony to see the detector van in the car park down below, I opened the door telly on full blast, bloke said you have no tv licence so I said because I don’t have a tv it’s broken he asked if he could see the broken telly so I just pointed to an old telly that had been on the landing for months and said that’s it there, he said that’s fine and left, that was when I realised the van was a lie and I wasn’t playing any more, had one fine in the 90s when the misses answered the door and told the bloke she was watching eastenders but only about £60 so still up  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Did your Mrs sign anything or was her conversation with the licence bloke recorded?

I don’t have a clue mate I was out at the time so just paid the fine as I was still quids in hadn’t had the licence for about ten year when that happened ??

• Like 1

Few of the residents here got copt out with their licence, having none, in the handbook n rules it says we are covered for a tv licence, but that just means the tv in the lounge n games room. so most of em are panicking now , not covered for your flat 

Off topic but to me the same in regard to my take on modern Britain that asks the question "did the Nazi's win the war?"

Started getting letters from the council stating that they did not know who lived at my address and I must return the attached form in order to register to vote. Failure to do so would result in a £1000 fine and/or imprisonment. I ignored them.

Eventually got woken up by the dogs 1 Saturday morning by someone knocking on the door. Opened the door and it was some bloke sitting on a bicycle, didn't even have the good manners to dis-mount. Difficult to judge his age, in good shape and healthy looking but the kind of healthy look of a person who has never had a day's fun in his life. Could have been any age from 40's to 60's.

Him - I am from the council, we need to know who lives here and they must register to vote.

Me - the council knows who lives here as you send me a Council Tax bill every year.

Him - that's a different department 

That went on for some time.

Him - well if you do not return the forms and register to vote we will fine you £1000.

Me - I will not pay the fine.

Him - then you will go to gaol.

Me - can people in gaol vote?

Him- err, no.

Me - so f**k off.

Edited by eastcoast
spelling
  • Haha 6
18 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

Few of the residents here got copt out with their licence, having none, in the handbook n rules it says we are covered for a tv licence, but that just means the tv in the lounge n games room. so most of em are panicking now , not covered for your flat 

Do you get individual bills from the gas, electric, water, etc, or do you pay the housing people ?

It was my understanding that one tv lisence covers any amount of tv's in one building, but if your flats are considered separate buildings, you'll probably have to buy a tv lisence.

Cheers.