Bedroom visitor

2 minutes ago, sussex said:

Quite common down here , saying that the variety of bird life down here is one of the things I miss most about home ..

The last one I saw was in Javea mate, used to get a lot of black-restarts and shrikes in the garden also. 

• Like 1

It is strange how life turns out. When my wife and I first got together she bought an apartment in Cyprus with what I called her redundancy money, from her divorce. We used to spend days driving around the remote areas looking for the sort of birds we now get in our garden. Hoopoes, golden orioles, four kinds of woodpecker, hawfinch, even a rose ringed parakeet and wryneck one year. And out on mole-patrol I see all the raptors and water birds that we used to go and see in Cyprus. Same with orchids. We used to find the places where different species grew. Now we are falling over them. One of my customers couldn't get out to his holiday home because of covid and his gardener retired. What once was an area of short grass in his garden quickly became populated with bee, pyramidial and green orchids. 

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 6
12 hours ago, mackem said:

The last one I saw was in Javea mate, used to get a lot of black-restarts and shrikes in the garden also. 

I’ve just had breakfast in La siesta , there was every variety of tit you could wish to see ?…and some you wished you hadn’t seen ..?

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, sussex said:

I’ve just had breakfast in La siesta , there was every variety of tit you could wish to see ?…and some you wished you hadn’t seen ..?

Does Roz the Scottish lady still own the bar down in town, her husband had sparta gym also? 

Was 19 and in Ibiza with my mate, I spotted a hoopoe in the hotel garden, being an outside type geek I thought it was great (never seen one before apart from in my Collins bird book lol)... course we were over  there to pull birds and drink beer, not spot the feathered kind...my mate called me an odd c**t and proceeded to nearest bar...lol

• Haha 2