And today’s top tempatureis ?????

Just now, FLATTOP said:

Ive met Thomas and his mate Percy lol at a rail museum called Chapple they have a beer festival there ?

I went on a little steam train in North Wales, they served ales ,made it a good trip ? 

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think weather warning has gone from extreme heat to def con one , but im coping ?  

only 32 in Cardiff....don't know what all the fuss is about...there's Fanny everywhere with next to nothing on....even the chunky monkeys are flaunting it and letting it all hang out ???

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Proper interesting,cheers ! 

How do hot countries, Australia, India ect ,cope especially India, a carriage for 100 ,with 500 sitting on roof !different steel ? 

Work it out …..ambient temperature changes of a lesser degree will cause less thermal expansion . 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Different stressing of the rail we stress our rail to the extremes of our climate other countries would stress differently I would imagine.

it’s indian steel ? 

31 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Work it out …..ambient temperature changes of a lesser degree will cause less thermal expansion . 

OK OK, yes say it like that makes sense ,not something I mull over usually, just all the scare mongering press ,made me think ,40 degrees ain't that special lots of countries hotter ! How do they cope ,now I know cheers 

Also in hot countries or countries that normally experience higher temps the working day fits around it, siesta or early start and finish, acclimatisation, in really hot spots the feel chilly in 25 degrees , the hardest I've seen are where you have highs of forty and lows of minus 20. 

1 minute ago, Francie said:

How come other rails an tarmac be fine in let's say Spain?

Same reason Eurostar can go faster in Europe , better tracks more investment in transport, not sure about tarmac more stone maybe , a lot of hot places have clay/concrete roads...

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Tata steel it still has to be stressed I have been on the Indian railways several times to put it mildly their track is scary.

Pretty stressfull as the loco pulls into bradford , joking aside i enjoy watching some of these railway travel programs 

Some of the stations we built in India  are grand looking buildings ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, baker boy said:

Were you sitting on the roof or clinging to the side

? you have to experience Indian railways I went cheapest ticket I could to get the full experience and wow it’s mad biggest employers in India apparently Indian railways.

• Like 2