• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have alternative spacers between the handle and the stick,..I know you can buy black buffalo horn and cut discs from it ,I'm thinking coloured nylon synthetic/ plastic washers? I've a stick and handle waiting to be joined but I'm holding off in the hope I can find a spacer,....Ive tried the hardware stores but no joy yet

32 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Anyone have alternative spacers between the handle and the stick,..I know you can buy black buffalo horn and cut discs from it ,I'm thinking coloured nylon synthetic/ plastic washers? I've a stick and handle waiting to be joined but I'm holding off in the hope I can find a spacer,....Ive tried the hardware stores but no joy yet

Could you not do something with a bit of copper pipe mate ?

4 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

This is the sander I use,it's good to bring the diameter down on a stick but you gotta be careful as it's a bit severe at times ....file sander 

Screenshot_2023-10-11-13-11-16-036_com.whatsapp-edit.jpg

Yeah that Nylon is soft save your shagged belts for that, if you get stuck I could part some on the lathe for you at what ever thickness you need can also put hole in centre. 

• Thanks 1