12 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Anyone own one or have experience of them? 

I've a V70 2.4 I like it, looked at xc70 need the bigger engine models as they're a two ton beast , some decent vids on YouTube 

I will probably get one , wait until a few more of the Chelsea tractor school run mums go electric first lol. One of them has a humvee ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Borr said:

I've a V70 2.4 I like it, looked at xc70 need the bigger engine models as they're a two ton beast , some decent vids on YouTube 

I will probably get one , wait until a few more of the Chelsea tractor school run mums go electric first lol. One of them has a humvee ?

Is that the D5? 

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Is that the D5? 

Yep 5 cylinder, I've also been sold on auto and.comfort is top notch , mines a pig but only paid £1300 for it spent a bit to keep it going and mate does the work for me she's done 220k , dog bus really I lug all my work gear to site in it. If I don't get a commercial vehicle I'll have another Volvo. Lots of power, comfy and loads of space.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Borr said:

Yep 5 cylinder, I've also been sold on auto and.comfort is top notch , mines a pig but only paid £1300 for it spent a bit to keep it going and mate does the work for me she's done 220k , dog bus really I lug all my work gear to site in it. If I don't get a commercial vehicle I'll have another Volvo. Lots of power, comfy and loads of space.

Same, if I go for one it'll be a 5 cylinder auto, it'll be a dog and mtb bus for me as well, was looking at getting a crew van but the price on anything decent at the minute is ridiculous and always liked the idea of a big 4 wheel drive estate. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

21 is a bit thirsty alright.

He said he never got stuck cos it was that big, all four wheels were on different sorts of ground ?

Oh and you needed to do a 7 point turn in it ?

Cheers, D.

Just now, dytkos said:

He said he never got stuck cos it was that big, all four wheels were on different sorts of ground ?

Oh and it you needed to do a 7 point turn in it ?

Cheers, D.

I had a L200, know all about 7 point turns. Lol. 

• 2 months later...

Mrs has the xc90....in petrol fucks sake 20 to the gallon....motorway not as bad...7 point turn as you say...I can't comment off road cos it's a school run motor...although I'm going to work in it at the mo cos the van needs mending...

all that said it's a beautiful motor to drive...cream leather interior...auto 

there was a statistic doing the rounds a few year back not sure if it's true....but apparently nobody has ever died in accident in one

• Like 2

I used to like the old Volvos like the 240s 340s 480s etc 

I dismissed the later diesels as know they can throw a turbo or engine seize , what are the 2.4 petrol like? for reliability ?
I currently run a low mileage 07 2.0 petrol Audi A4 so getting used to poor fuel consumption and £300 plus car tax , which is ironic when it throws out no smoke unlike the 2 diesel tourans I had that were £100 cheaper to tax ??