Current scrap prices

19 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I was only driving a Suzuki swift mate those numbers are weight 156kg at £300 a ton = £46 

Well that makes more sense. I did say if I'm reading it right ha ha? ? ? 

Edited by timmy k

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First time in this yard a bit different to my usual and don’t think his prices are that great, but £400 for picking up other people’s shit will do me ??

It’s just what I pick up off the floor at work mostly mate so as I’m getting paid as well I just go down the easiest route, don’t mind separating a bit but not stripping like I used to when I did it f

Well I took my bit of copper and lead in, 150 quid, I’m ok with that for nowt, the lad in there had to rub it in a bit by saying if I’d taken it in a few weeks ago I’d of got close to 200 for it, but

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

I was right on but FD was even closer lol ?

Don't forget if you scrap a car to soak the seats(fabric) and fill the tank up with water. 

Cheers, D.

They don't normally weigh cars any more they can tell you the price over the phone what you'll get for a certain car 

• Like 2

We used to banger race and fill a old shell up with all the seats and interiors from all the other motors and scrap them in , even hose the seats down. Did nt make any difference I think they saw us dinlos coming?

On 14/07/2022 at 15:48, Greyman said:

It’s just what I pick up off the floor at work mostly mate so as I’m getting paid as well I just go down the easiest route, don’t mind separating a bit but not stripping like I used to when I did it for a wage, mad thing is most of the youngsters ask me what I,m doing then start chucking me any stuff they find but it seems a bit below most people nowadays to make money from muck, just finished loading the back of the car and she’s quite down on the suspension so hopefully a reasonable pay day for little effort had enough for one day so I,ll take it in the morning ??

I still pick up 1p, 2p and 5p coins, I see on the road, much to my 14 year old lad's disgust.

'Dad, you're like a gyppo!!'

?

Oh yeah, as to your 'stash' I'd say value = two bob and a pork pie!!  ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 1

Where I’ve been working they have just pulled out the tank and some copper pipes and I took the garage down and put all the lead flashing to one side, the lad said to me do I want it or should he just put it out for the scrap lad, anyway I took it, is it worth my effort taking down to the yard?

9F8B3AEC-098A-4378-AE9B-5F0BC42E21FE.jpeg

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Where I’ve been working they have just pulled out the tank and some copper pipes and I took the garage down and put all the lead flashing to one side, the lad said to me do I want it or should he just put it out for the scrap lad, anyway I took it, is it worth my effort taking down to the yard?

9F8B3AEC-098A-4378-AE9B-5F0BC42E21FE.jpeg

Strip the lagging off the tank firsts but yes worth a ton or so ??

• Like 1