• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hard to stop um when they help themselves..

Eggs are super food, mine get free range eggs every day mixed in their feed. Best thing for their coats to shine. People have said it's too much egg but my dogs live to a very old age and never have r

good for dogs oh yes ...good for us as well... I eat two raw eggs most days...even though I don't like eggs...in the blender with milk Greek yogurt banana..and berry's ..nice healthy protein drin

Posted Images

Back in the 80's I used to get dog grub from a Greyhound kennels in Andover.  Every morning after exercising the dogs he fed them ripped up brown bread with raw mince and raw eggs. My 2 don't mind a raw egg in goats milk now and again, but saying that , they'll eat eggs any way the come !! Regularly give a raw egg and goats milk to the ferrets as well, especially before going out rabbiting 

• Like 1

good for dogs oh yes ...good for us as well...

I eat two raw eggs most days...even though I don't like eggs...in the blender with milk Greek yogurt banana..and berry's ..nice healthy protein drink

• Like 5

I feed my dogs eggs once or twice a week mixed up with the raw?

how many of you,have put a fresh egg into a dogs mouth,and made them carry said egg without breaking it???have a go? even my terriers could which quite surprised me?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I feed my dogs eggs once or twice a week mixed up with the raw?

how many of you,have put a fresh egg into a dogs mouth,and made them carry said egg without breaking it???have a go? even my terriers could which quite surprised me?

My old whippet x as come back many times with a kaney yora in his mouth and drop it in me hand then show me where the nest is ,

Eggs are good for dogs and mine get scrambled egg once a week with mince,they good for ferrets as well 

• Like 3

Eggs are a very good source of protein and of vitamins like B12, but, there's always a but, all things in moderation. Water is poisonous if you drink to much. Raw eggs contain a protein called Avidin that binds to Biotin, this stops the absorption of the biotin and biotin deficiency has been found in dogs consuming raw eggs daily for extended periods of time. A mild deficiency is not visible to the naked eye but would likely impact performance, a more acute deficiency will result in skin problems, hair loss, lethargy etc. cooking denatures the Avidin. so raw eggs a couple of time a week, cooked as and when you like.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Sometimes,...its best to very lightly warm the eggs, just to make them solidify a tad,...?

Deff, I've done all that stuff in the past feeding raw, but I have often my self scrambled eggs on toast, and I always knock up  a piece of toast with  big dollop of  egg on top for them.