SGC with a criminal record?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update:   received a call today from my FAO scheduling a inspection of the cabinet next week. So overall it’s took 343 days from handing my application in to having the inspection.   

Update     FEO came around today nice guy nice informal chat. First thing he wanted to do was check out the security of the cabinet asked me to open it and gave it a couple of tugs happ

The FEO home visit is the last step, it’s still not a given that you will be granted but the odds are well in your favour as if they had drawn any concerns from your application then you wouldn’t be g

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

You now have to supply a medical certificate from your GP ....they told police about his drink problem. 

That’s going to be the problem, now GP’s are responsible for informing firearms of any change or current medical conditions a lot of people are not going to seek the help they may need in fear of having SGC’s or FAC’s revoked, as with the lad you know it doesn’t have to be a mental health issue to have them taken, before you had to have a medical cert I knew a bloke who was renewing his SGC and told them he had been diagnosed with terminal cancer, they revoked his ticket, giving no reason, but we all gathered it was because they didn’t want him shooting him self, as if the poor chaps life wasn’t bad enough they took away the only thing that took him mind off the cancer, luckily the people he used to shoot with made sure he could continue to shoot until he was unable to 

As said put in for it as there's only one person who will or can say , i don't even know if you will get a refund if your unsuccessful  but as said there looking to knock back numbers not be compassionate and some might be timed barred , But you might get lucky and they say you have to be monitored for the first year , They did that when i got my first SGC at 15 and that was nearly 50 years ago 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/12/2022 at 09:28, Deker said:

Dare I ask what happened to the application???

Still waiting on the application to be looked at, received a email last week stating they are really busy and are at the moment dealing with March 2022 applications, I handed mine in at the start of July 2022 so I’ve probably still got a few month yet before they even get around to looking at the application. Will keep yous updated as time goes on.

• 3 months later...

Update:

received a call today from my FAO scheduling a inspection of the cabinet next week. So overall it’s took 343 days from handing my application in to having the inspection. 

just a little update to anyone looking for a timescale on how long it may take to process your application with Northumbria police.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, jimmy boy said:

I hit a copper 40 years ago and I went to prison for 2 years they still won't give me a license 

30 years ago a good friend of mine was in a house where someone was thrown from an upstairs window and died, he was arrested and later released without charge, has tried for a shotgun 3 times and been refused, on the last attempt he found out that the refusal was due to his arrest for murder even though no charges were ever brought against him, they said he could take it to court but realistically what’s the chance of him getting it and who has the money 

• Sad 1

All depends. A mate of mine lied on both his SGC and FAC. he did not put down the 3 times he had been in prison when he was younger, Both were granted!. a few years later they came around took his guns and revoked his licenses, a month later they brought his guns back and his licenses, They gave him a warning for not putting it on his application, So all depends on the individual officer and area your in. 

6 hours ago, paulus said:

All depends. A mate of mine lied on both his SGC and FAC. he did not put down the 3 times he had been in prison when he was younger, Both were granted!. a few years later they came around took his guns and revoked his licenses, a month later they brought his guns back and his licenses, They gave him a warning for not putting it on his application, So all depends on the individual officer and area your in. 

It really is just a lottery, there’s no consistency between any of the forces, I feel lucky with my firearms department as so far I’ve never had a problem with them but have heard so terrible stories from others 

I had my FAC granted about a year ago and on the visit, the FEO warned me that any runs ins with the police and my guns will be taken prior to any investigation. I've no record etc, it was a statement of fact that the SWP are doing that for anyone.

1 hour ago, smokingdragon said:

I had my FAC granted about a year ago and on the visit, the FEO warned me that any runs ins with the police and my guns will be taken prior to any investigation. I've no record etc, it was a statement of fact that the SWP are doing that for anyone.

I was told that aswell . He said if me and Mrs are arguing loudly and next door phones the cops I will lose my guns . If theirs a fight in a pub and I try break it up and get pulled in they will take my guns