who will be the next pm ?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How some people have the audacity to moan that our country is becoming like the third world when they openly welcome the third world into our country is beyond my logic !

They inherited low inflation, low mortgage rates tied to low interest rates. 14k police, but an untold number of illegal and legal immigrants, countering all investment in NHS schools etc. G

Labour were apoplectic with the Tory's planned NI rise....... Now Labour are apoplectic that the planned NI rise is cancelled ! Labours default setting is simply to oppose anything the Tory'

Posted Images

On 11/07/2022 at 10:21, iworkwhippets said:

Makes no difference who gets in stanley unwin. kwasi kwarteng, country is fcuked ,    im off doing some shopping afore it gets to hot  

enjoy yaselves 

Kwasi,  hes getting there ,  :yes:

11 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Kwasi,  hes getting there ,  :yes:

I wouldn’t go as far as to say any of them are “getting there” but it’s the first microcosm of common sense I have heard out of Parliament for about 20 years…….for them to just say the words is refreshing.

But, I don’t think anybody should be getting the street partys ready just yet !

So  they're going to 'Introduce VAT free shopping for overseas visitors'.

Brilliant. 

How does that help British families? What are they supposed to do, black up and walk round Tescos putting on accents?

As far as I can see, it's more of nothing from the same old politicians - they've done the bare minimum for normal folk and, nothing of any note has changed :thumbdown:

Here comes the new boss.............

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Brilliant. 

How does that help British families? What are they supposed to do, black up and walk round Tescos putting on accents?

As far as I can see, it's more of nothing from the same old politicians - they've done the bare minimum for normal folk and, nothing of any note has changed :thumbdown:

Here comes the new boss.............

I agree mate, it’s always a bit of “here’s a tenner” while they relieve you of a hundred quid…..but isn’t it great that someone finally said “let’s take an axe to some tax” ?

Pet the dog when it does things right and kick it up the arse when it does things wrong imho

Its not exactly hard to chip away at tax when tax is the highest it’s ever been, but at least someone said it and did it even if it amounts to the sum total of f**k all. 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, WILF said:

I agree mate, it’s always a bit of “here’s a tenner” while they relieve you of a hundred quid…..but isn’t it great that someone finally said “let’s take an axe to some tax” ?

Pet the dog when it does things right and kick it up the arse when it does things wrong imho

Its not exactly hard to chip away at tax when tax is the highest it’s ever been, but at least someone said it and did it even if it amounts to the sum total of f**k all. 

Yes but, that's my problem with it mate - they always give good soundbites to curry favour with the masses then, do virtually nothing or the bare minimum. 

As far as I'm concerned, they can keep their 1% tax cut as long as they stop chasing down folks that do a few cash jobs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Yes but, that's my problem with it mate - they always give good soundbites to curry favour with the masses then, do virtually nothing or the bare minimum. 

As far as I'm concerned, they can keep their 1% tax cut as long as they stop chasing down folks that do a few cash jobs.

Absolutely agree with that mate ?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Brilliant. 

How does that help British families?

By encouraging economic activity. Literally creating economic growth. Literally adding income to businesses to create healthier finances. You don’t see how that helps British workers?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

By encouraging economic activity. Literally creating economic growth. Literally adding income to businesses to create healthier finances. You don’t see how that helps British workers?

I don't see how that will filter down to help British families as quickly as it needs to.

I see it creating more ill feeling - allowing foreigners to pay less for products while our own are having their finances squeezed.

Don't we give foreigners enough already?

Why not just cut or abolish VAT on more items for everyone? - it sounds fairer to me.

• Like 3
Just now, Jonjon79 said:

I don't see how that will filter down to help British families as quickly as it needs to.

I see it creating more ill feeling - allowing foreigners to pay less for products while our own are having their finances squeezed.

Don't we give foreigners enough already?

Why not just cut or abolish VAT on more items for everyone? - it sounds fairer to me.

‘Foreigners’ lol. It’s got nothing to do with benefitting foreigners. 

I didn’t say it would be perfect, just explained how it benefits us. It encourages trade balances to shift in our favour. If uk businesses experience increased trade, then uk workers experience increased earnings and job opportunities. It’s economic stimulation.

And I agree on abolishing taxes on economic activity across the board. This however is a logical starting place. Get cash flowing in, rather than simply flowing around.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

‘Foreigners’ lol. It’s got nothing to do with benefitting foreigners. 

I didn’t say it would be perfect, just explained how it benefits us. It encourages trade balances to shift in our favour. If uk businesses experience increased trade, then uk workers experience increased earnings and job opportunities. It’s economic stimulation.

And I agree on abolishing taxes on economic activity across the board. This however is a logical starting place. Get cash flowing in, rather than simply flowing around.

Yes, I get that but, ultimately it's going to take too long to get to the point where it benefits the people that need it the most or, A lot of the extra money generated will stay in the companies and people will see very little or no benefit from it.

'VAT free shopping for overseas visitors' is about benefiting foreigners - it's chucking them a sweetener to get them to spend their money here.

I just think that our own should have the same or better terms than we're giving to foreigners.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Yes, I get that but, ultimately it's going to take too long to get to the point where it benefits the people that need it the most or, A lot of the extra money generated will stay in the companies and people will see very little or no benefit from it.

'VAT free shopping for overseas visitors' is about benefiting foreigners - it's chucking them a sweetener to get them to spend their money here.

I just think that our own should have the same or better terms than we're giving to foreigners.

I’m not suggesting it’s a “start” but the cold hard truth is something different always has to “start” somewhere.

I have no doubt it will all be bollocks because 70 years says it will, but we can only hope it actually is a start of a different mindset.

Whatever the mindset behind it, 70 years of poison leading up to the highest taxes in history while the country gets worse won’t be solved at the stroke of a pen…..it’s time and pain and a fair bit of suffering.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

It will hopefully encourage more to come here on holiday and spend more imho i don't think it will encourage them to holiday here in their millions. I think it's another gimmick tbh and it won't make a difference a bit like the room tax you have to pay when holidaying in some country's which thousands of brits are willing to pay .

• Like 1

For those earning over a 150 thousand its a bonus and feck the rest of us, basically Tories looking after their own as usual. Investing in the country rather than reducing tax on super rich would bring economic growth and benefit us all directly improving infrastructure and jobs, then following the EU with a tax on the mega profits of energy firms would reduce the longer term tax burden a little. Basically we and our children will be paying back the debts for generations to come. 

INEWS.CO.UK

People in Bolton North East failed to see where the Plan for Growth will help those struggling to pay bills

• Like 3