who will be the next pm ?

I've already said that Mordaunt has lost my support for her views on net zero and the ECHR, but now I see cabinet ministers and others now saying she was useless and couldn't do her job, when in their department.....maybe so, but why didn't they sack her, or made it known at the time ?

Why wait untl she is in the last three ?

She has been Minister of Defence, and is currently a Trade Minister, was she really as useless as they now make out ?

If so, what does it say about the rest of them ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How some people have the audacity to moan that our country is becoming like the third world when they openly welcome the third world into our country is beyond my logic !

They inherited low inflation, low mortgage rates tied to low interest rates. 14k police, but an untold number of illegal and legal immigrants, countering all investment in NHS schools etc. G

Labour were apoplectic with the Tory's planned NI rise....... Now Labour are apoplectic that the planned NI rise is cancelled ! Labours default setting is simply to oppose anything the Tory'

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TOMO said:

right I don't watch the news or read papers anymore

..so who is left in the running to be PM...?

Sunak, Truss, Mordaunt.

Theres a vote today by Tory MP's and the one with the least votes drops out.

Then the final two face a vote by Tory party members, not MP's, and the winner is the new leader of the Tory party and Prime Minister.

Watch the news, or I'm going to start feeding you misinformation to make you look daft ! ?? !

Cheers.

• Haha 2

It's all a bit Machiavellian; Sunak being accused of "lending " votes to Mordaunt, as he would rather face her in the final two, than Truss.

Maybe we SHOULD move to a Presidential style elections, with the people voting at primaries for a Prime Minister.

Thats virtually what we did in 2019, let's face it, millions of us voted for Boris, NOT the Torys .

we are going to have a Prime Minister for the next two years that none of us voted for, and probably wouldn't have anyway !

Cheers.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I've already said that Mordaunt has lost my support for her views on net zero and the ECHR, but now I see cabinet ministers and others now saying she was useless and couldn't do her job, when in their department.....maybe so, but why didn't they sack her, or made it known at the time ?

Why wait untl she is in the last three ?

She has been Minister of Defence, and is currently a Trade Minister, was she really as useless as they now make out ?

If so, what does it say about the rest of them ?

Cheers.

Kinda like Useless von Lederhosen in Brussels. She cocked up in every department she worked in the German government and yet they kept on promoting her.

2 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Kinda like Useless von Lederhosen in Brussels. She cocked up in every department she worked in the German government and yet they kept on promoting her.

good job ain't it this politics game...shit at it ...and still employed ..bit like football .managers

• Like 2

I'm a believer in "The Peter Principle "; where people are promoted up to a position where they are out of their depth, but they have been good in their previous positions.

But if the Mordaunt detractors are to be believed, she was useless in every position she held, yet they kept promoting her !

She may be as bad as they say, but they are complicit in promoting her and , in my mind, more to blame.......but, as usual, no one will be held to account.

Cheers.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Is there no way it can come sooner than 2 years?

The only ways I can think of is if there is a vote of no confidence in the government, but they had one two days ago and the government won.

The only other way is for the Prime Minister to ask the Queen to dissolve Parliament and then there would have to be a General Election.

But whoever wins this contest won't dream of doing that and being the shortest lived PM ever !

We now have what's called "a fixed term Parliament" , 5 years. So it has to be exceptional circumstances to have a GE earlier ?

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I'm a believer in "The Peter Principle "; where people are promoted up to a position where they are out of their depth, but they have been good in their previous positions.

But if the Mordaunt detractors are to be believed, she was useless in every position she held, yet they kept promoting her !

She may be as bad as they say, but they are complicit in promoting her and , in my mind, more to blame.......but, as usual, no one will be held to account.

Cheers.

In the litigious times it is sometimes impossible to demote or fire someone. Especially if nobody in their past employment has evidenced any failures. Easiest way to get rid of a problem is to promote them elsewhere. 

Edited by Nicepix
  • Thanks 1
On 15/07/2022 at 11:40, TOMO said:

a bit like Moroccans are thieving little c**ts

And Romamians , just second nature , they even joke at work " Romanians we dont like leaving empty handed " 

90% out and out thieves 

I'm going Truss. She's opportunistic so may crack on with deporting wogs etc. She's being called a plastic Thatcher, that might just drive her on to surpass what she really believes in. The paki is like Boris, he is what he is, for better or worse ,he ain't going to change 

• Like 3