Night on the farm

Not been out in a few weeks so called Sean and Jaybo up Jay turned up at mine we loaded the tank up and off we went, 

Once there we set off around the paddocks where we came across two that fled but we lay down and waited as we had not shot at them I knew they would come back out 

We waited a while and one showed its self I could not see it thru the scopes 

Wheres Jay could told him to shoot it but in his haist he missed 

It came running towards us and I tried to get it in the scopes but alas it turned and took off, 

Sean called me and asked what fields had been cut I told him and soon after he turned up 

We had 5 chat and he was away for Mr fox we headed back to the tank for a bite to eat 

Much was the same for the next few hours then Sean turned up at the tank put his 223 away and took jay to his other perm 

On there return Jay had a grin on his face bigger than Northumberland 

And a rabbit in his hand, 

One thing I do no is Sean had a pair thermal binos I had a look thro them and to say they were impressive is an understatement wow 

But they set my eyes and head off with in 5mins of using them 

And had to sit in the tank until I was OK again 

And I had just been talking to Jay about getting another 008 pard 

But that's not the case now I may have to wait a bit longer then see if I can use it with out hurting my head 

Yes I know it was thermal and not a 008nv but it has the same effect weather its nv or thermal even the lamp red beam had the same effect the last time I was out, 

Looks like the strokes iv had has messed up my head a bit more than I think 

Any way I blanked but still enjoyed the night and may even have a night out tonight 

Jay will have to put his time with Sean on but I do no the rabbit was taken at 40yrds 

Atvbjimmy ???

IMG_20220707_211058.jpg

• Like 12

On 09/07/2022 at 13:41, bigmac 97kt said:

Not been out in a few weeks so called Sean and Jaybo up Jay turned up at mine we loaded the tank up and off we went, 

Once there we set off around the paddocks where we came across two that fled but we lay down and waited as we had not shot at them I knew they would come back out 

We waited a while and one showed its self I could not see it thru the scopes 

Wheres Jay could told him to shoot it but in his haist he missed 

It came running towards us and I tried to get it in the scopes but alas it turned and took off, 

Sean called me and asked what fields had been cut I told him and soon after he turned up 

We had 5 chat and he was away for Mr fox we headed back to the tank for a bite to eat 

Much was the same for the next few hours then Sean turned up at the tank put his 223 away and took jay to his other perm 

On there return Jay had a grin on his face bigger than Northumberland 

And a rabbit in his hand, 

One thing I do no is Sean had a pair thermal binos I had a look thro them and to say they were impressive is an understatement wow 

But they set my eyes and head off with in 5mins of using them 

And had to sit in the tank until I was OK again 

And I had just been talking to Jay about getting another 008 pard 

But that's not the case now I may have to wait a bit longer then see if I can use it with out hurting my head 

Yes I know it was thermal and not a 008nv but it has the same effect weather its nv or thermal even the lamp red beam had the same effect the last time I was out, 

Looks like the strokes iv had has messed up my head a bit more than I think 

Any way I blanked but still enjoyed the night and may even have a night out tonight 

Jay will have to put his time with Sean on but I do no the rabbit was taken at 40yrds 

Atvbjimmy ???

IMG_20220707_211058.jpg

Was a mint night for me over all, after about a year I'd managed to bag my 2nd rabbit at 42 yard, thanks to sean spotting for me with his thermal, was a few other rabbits one was at 70 yards which I tried but I'm not used to that sort of ranges?

20220707_233805.jpg

• Like 2

But me and Jimmy have been back out tonight, and it's been another successful trip, both got 1 each in the same paddock about 30mins a part from each other.

Jimmy got lucky after we showed up and I spotted 2, so he gets into position and takes the shot and that rabbit said good night, so we thought we'd wait a little and see if the other one would come back out.

We were just getting ready to move on and whilst rolling a cig, I just happened to see the long grass moving and a little white tail jumping around, so I got ready and waited on it sticking its head up and he did just that, at first me and Jimmy both thought I'd missed, turned out it just went through and hit the tin shack and we were both surprised.

That was pretty much it as for the night, had a walk round the rest of the permission and not much about so we decided to call it a night.

20220710_205916.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, tomburras said:

Here is a video clip of a badger I took the other night using the T-vision app with hik micro 10mm (budget kit really).....

Cracking bit of kit that Tom 

It is a game changer mind Tom 

Totally mate 

Atvbjimmy ???

22 minutes ago, JayB0 said:

But me and Jimmy have been back out tonight, and it's been another successful trip, both got 1 each in the same paddock about 30mins a part from each other.

Jimmy got lucky after we showed up and I spotted 2, so he gets into position and takes the shot and that rabbit said good night, so we thought we'd wait a little and see if the other one would come back out.

We were just getting ready to move on and whilst rolling a cig, I just happened to see the long grass moving and a little white tail jumping around, so I got ready and waited on it sticking its head up and he did just that, at first me and Jimmy both thought I'd missed, turned out it just went through and hit the tin shack and we were both surprised.

That was pretty much it as for the night, had a walk round the rest of the permission and not much about so we decided to call it a night.

20220710_205916.jpg

Cheeky twat got lucky I'll got lucky you 

When iv got a raider in my hands all they get is dead 

Even thro I missed one at 40yrds 

???

But was a good night lads but bloody hot lol

Atvbjimmy ???

IMG_20220710_202510.jpg

IMG_20220710_202503.jpg

IMG_20220710_204927.jpg

IMG_20220710_205910.jpg

• Like 2