Good dogs bad owners

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great replies lads? I USED to be, real heavy handed with my lurchers,...I learned this from my Father and his old man... They both took in, cur dogs for training, to work the sheep and cattl

I took on a 15 month rescue working type Collie Bitch. I could see great potential in her but she was crapping in the house every night and when I came in the room it was painful to see her trying to

The skill is in assessing the temperament of the dog you have in front of you. Different treatment for different dogs. Too hard and you can ruin a soft dog. Too soft with a hard dog and you have a lia

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I have got pretty pissed off with my blue bitch but instead of cowering or running off she runs straight at me and jumps up. It cools the situation, I think it's a dominant action on her part but it always works, lol.

Mine does something similar he’ll trot perfectly by my side after a telling and very gently nibble my fingers as my arms swing. I’ll go from pissed off to all is forgiven in seconds little bastrd knows it as well ?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Samrog said:

Mine does something similar he’ll trot perfectly by my side after a telling and very gently nibble my fingers as my arms swing. I’ll go from pissed off to all is forgiven in seconds little bastrd knows it as well ?

my Plummer bitch does that???

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Samrog said:

I think that's a sign of love from a terrier. Working dogs seem to know how to work their owners, lol. What do you do?

19 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I think that's a sign of love from a terrier. Working dogs seem to know how to work their owners, lol. What do you do?

Do you mean work does the dog do? If so … mainly rabbit lamping, mooching ferreting. Loves getting behind hares although obviously never be a match winner. And he’ll be on fox this winter, flushing to a gun obviously ? ??

9 minutes ago, Samrog said:

Do you mean work does the dog do? If so … mainly rabbit lamping, mooching ferreting. Loves getting behind hares although obviously never be a match winner. And he’ll be on fox this winter, flushing to a gun obviously ? ??

I just meant what do you do when they come up friendly to you after a scolding, I worded it bad, lol.

Just now, Aussie Whip said:

I just meant what do you do when they come up friendly to you after a scolding, I worded it bad, lol.

ah i see, i give him a stroke mate truth be told hes a good dog usually only gets a telling when he hits the terrier a bit hard, hes a young dog and just plays a bit rough sometimes, i could do with another lurcher for him to chase after?

• Like 1
20 hours ago, stonewall said:

a type like this with a working type.let it be a lurcher terrier or strong dog .Chav.jpg

Not your keep digging will appreciate you putting his picture up pal

• Haha 2