Jump to content

Kible / biscuits


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, brambles said:

Do any of you lads feed kitchen scraps, leftovers from meal times etc or do you's try and stick to a strict feeding regime? Do yous try to encourage a good intake of fluid on the lead up to say a long night on the lamp or in days gone by when it was legal to run a hare or 3

Feed loads of kitchen scraps mate 

Link to post

  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feed mine on raw, usually minced chicken, green tripe or salmon. They also get raw lamb and beef bones, and chicken wings and carcasses; But I also get a bag of cheap complete to use as a

It doesn’t matter how much googling you do a dogs digestive system is designed to eat and process a certain type of food. And it isn’t dry biscuits made in a lab.  

they have there owner on a vegan diet 😂 

Posted Images

Dogs do seem to be living longer these days so the kibble must have improved greatly. I do think dogs need fresh food such as whole rabbit, chicken carcases, meat and eggs added to kibble. I do agree that wild canids can survive on just kills but they only need to live long enough to breed. I think domestic dogs have adapted to live on other foods and thrive on them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 03/09/2022 at 00:52, socks said:

Nature has spent hundreds of thousands of years getting the carnivores balance right … you can’t beat nature. 
companies have spent millions of pounds and years trying to perfect baby milk but it will never beat natural breast milk. 

Its funny you say that my pals daughter had a baby recently who is premature so in NICU ...i was amazed to hear that beyond the first colostrum milk,special care baby units are now getting mothers to only express x amount of breast milk as they see powdered formula more beneficial for premature babies.

Link to post

I like to feed a good raw diet along with a decent dry mixer ie fish, meat, game, veg, pasta, eggs and kitchen leftovers, bone etc, I try to stay away from anything with salt like shop bought gravies or stock cubes, I don't mix their meals up in to one big pile of gunge preferring to feed in a large bowl and place food in so they can pick what they want first, before a expected heavy running  I like to feed a good wet meal like a sort of soup, I believe a dog will drink water to quench a thirst as it needs but feeding a good soup with the meat cooked in a natural gravy and digestible veg my dogs will eat there fill and in my eyes be in a good hydrated state for what is to follow the following day

  • Like 3
Link to post
6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Its funny you say that my pals daughter had a baby recently who is premature so in NICU ...i was amazed to hear that beyond the first colostrum milk,special care baby units are now getting mothers to only express x amount of breast milk as they see powdered formula more beneficial for premature babies.

Probably because powder milk doesn’t vary it stays the same every time. 

Link to post
15 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

From what im told its only for pre term babies to get them to catch up faster.

The only experience I have of milk powder is for calf’s. 🤣 but the benefit of powder over raw milk is that it doesn’t vary at all we’re as raw can change depending on diet etc so tend to get a more settled stomach etc that’s why I guess they do 🤷🏻‍♂️ Sure Sandy would have a better idea 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

The only experience I have of milk powder is for calf’s. 🤣 but the benefit of powder over raw milk is that it doesn’t vary at all we’re as raw can change depending on diet etc so tend to get a more settled stomach etc that’s why I guess they do 🤷🏻‍♂️ Sure Sandy would have a better idea 

Arrrr right gotcha....it just says that powder is more " nutrient rich " for pre term babies....but what you say makes sense i suppose a couple of Vindaloo's may well have an adverse effect on breast milk 😆

  • Haha 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Arrrr right gotcha....it just says that powder is more " nutrient rich " for pre term babies....but what you say makes sense i suppose a couple of Vindaloo's may well have an adverse effect on breast milk 😆

Just spoke with my daughter on this as my grandson was premature, not greatly I might add and she was told that she could breastfeed if she wanted but after the first 24 hours they like to move onto formula and bottle feeding because they know exactly how much the baby is getting it’s less taxing for a premature baby to feed off a bottle and it means the mother isn’t tied to the side of the babies bed 24/7. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
19 minutes ago, socks said:

Just spoke with my daughter on this as my grandson was premature, not greatly I might add and she was told that she could breastfeed if she wanted but after the first 24 hours they like to move onto formula and bottle feeding because they know exactly how much the baby is getting it’s less taxing for a premature baby to feed off a bottle and it means the mother isn’t tied to the side of the babies bed 24/7. 

Same here, socks.  Our son, born 9th march last year.  Four weeks early.  First eight or nine days he was getting tired really quickly, with the effort of trying to breastfeed.  was told what you said, by our midwife. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, socks said:

Just spoke with my daughter on this as my grandson was premature, not greatly I might add and she was told that she could breastfeed if she wanted but after the first 24 hours they like to move onto formula and bottle feeding because they know exactly how much the baby is getting it’s less taxing for a premature baby to feed off a bottle and it means the mother isn’t tied to the side of the babies bed 24/7. 

Thats it mate....i only got off the blower to my pal a few minutes ago its certainly different all this breast or bottle conversations eh 🤣......this youngster was delivered at 31 wks....only 2 lb odd so needed help with his lungs and everything early on but he's doing well now 35 weeks i think.... still in NICU and yes she expresses 50% and 50% is formula adjusting the % over time until he's ready to go home.

  • Like 2
Link to post
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats it mate....i only got off the blower to my pal a few minutes ago its certainly different all this breast or bottle conversations eh 🤣......this youngster was delivered at 31 wks....only 2 lb odd so needed help with his lungs and everything early on but he's doing well now 35 weeks i think.... still in NICU and yes she expresses 50% and 50% is formula adjusting the % over time until he's ready to go home.

Best of luck to the little fella ………

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...