Kible / biscuits

1 hour ago, FUJI said:

Eukanuba takes beating,dogs seem to thrive on it in my opinion,great coats,firm stools etc..Proctor & Gamble make the food along with several other well known brands like IAMS etc with it being produced in Holland..as for the rest which there are many i would personally choose Alpha above any other,there is quite a selection from Alpha whatever the workload you give your dog be it a lot or not so much,they cover both ends of that and everything in between too..the Alpha puppy food is superb and for the hard working dogs the High Maintenance is brilliant and i can hand on heart say at least with my own lot is far superior feed compared to the likes of Redmills & Gain etc 

IMG_20220302_190901.jpg

Mine are on alpha racer seem to do well on it the high maintenance seemed to be good when running through the season 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feed mine on raw, usually minced chicken, green tripe or salmon. They also get raw lamb and beef bones, and chicken wings and carcasses; But I also get a bag of cheap complete to use as a

It doesn’t matter how much googling you do a dogs digestive system is designed to eat and process a certain type of food. And it isn’t dry biscuits made in a lab.  

they have there owner on a vegan diet ? 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Kalibrgun said:

Mine are on alpha racer seem to do well on it the high maintenance seemed to be good when running through the season 

Yeah I agree matey,in the dead of winter when the dog's are hard at it,the weather is harsh I think the High Maintenance food is top class,yes it's 32% Protein & 20% fat I think but the dog's hold their condition well,they recover from their exertions quickly & the dog's love it..I think it's very good for the money & it's made entirely in the UK which is better still ?..the Racer is cracking scran too,I must admit I do like the Alpha range of dog food ?

• Like 2

On another note here,cold pressed dog food,anyone feed it? How are you finding it? Pro's & Con's? .. online reviews seem very positive but I'd be interested to hear about how working dog's fare on it..cheers in advance folk's..thankyou ?

On 08/07/2022 at 07:42, sandymere said:

Balance is what the completes bring, they're put thousands of pounds and years of work into research to find it so might as well take advantage of there money.  At 5 weeks I'd go for a decent puppy complete as a base to cover their basic needs then add in meat and veg to add variety. 

I've worked for a well known working dog food company and I wouldn't feed the stuff to my 3 ,I remember the owner of csj was visiting and the managers had a set ruit they would walk her round as they didn't want her to see what really goes on ,I swear the oil vats had dead kittens and rats in it and they standing joke by workers that only protein in the feed was the kittens that went through the machines when switched on in the morning, the place was bogging,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 08/07/2022 at 07:42, sandymere said:

Balance is what the completes bring, they're put thousands of pounds and years of work into research to find it so might as well take advantage of there money.  At 5 weeks I'd go for a decent puppy complete as a base to cover their basic needs then add in meat and veg to add variety. 

Nature has spent hundreds of thousands of years getting the carnivores balance right … you can’t beat nature. 
companies have spent millions of pounds and years trying to perfect baby milk but it will never beat natural breast milk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, socks said:

Nature has spent hundreds of thousands of years getting the carnivores balance right … you can’t beat nature. 
companies have spent millions of pounds and years trying to perfect baby milk but it will never beat natural breast milk. 

Baby milk has little relationship to an adult or puppy diets once weaned.

You mention nature as though it were a beneficent entity,  it isn't and doesn't set out to be a nurturing force. As to nature's perfect diets,  there is no set formula,  diets differ from one area to another and season to season and are often lacking in the wild state, then humans mixed it up with thousands of years breeding to suit their diets. 

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, socks said:

It doesn’t matter how much googling you do a dogs digestive system is designed to eat and process a certain type of food. And it isn’t dry biscuits made in a lab.  

Indeed and dogs digestive system has been studied and very well  understood and modern diets designed to match it as cost effectively as possible. 

This is nature for a dog, short and unhealthy. If u want to create nature here it is.

WWW.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

“Village dogs” in developing economies are assumed to be heavily burdened by infectious disease. We followed a...

look a dog needs  meat,   now hen i had my Nell, sunday mornings around 6 ish, i used to go down the village and clamber, sometimes jump, lol  over the butchers gate, loads of stuff take ya pick, and i did, filled a couple of sacks wi plenty of meat and even fish n eggs, eh, and i was in my 70s , dog was waiting fer me when i got home,  she got well stuck in, meat and bone , right lads, catch ya later im doing breakfast 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Indeed and dogs digestive system has been studied and very well  understood and modern diets designed to match it as cost effectively as possible. 

This is nature for a dog, short and unhealthy. If u want to create nature here it is.

WWW.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

“Village dogs” in developing economies are assumed to be heavily burdened by infectious disease. We followed a...

What the fukc has dogs dying of infectious disease in Uganda got to do with meat being a natural and more healthy diet for them. 

Processed food is what kibble is. It's not food, it's processed.

I would only use it as a supplement to 'real' food ie meat, fish, eggs, veg etc. To think that dog biscuits/kibble can possibly be fed full-time to a dog without issues long-term on its health is ludicrous and extremely naive. 

Just like processed food for humans, it's not healthy because it's not food in its 'whole form' so therefore our bodies do very little work digesting it and often than not go on to develop allergies, intolerances, weaknesses, cancers etc etc. That's a fact and undisputed. 

Sounds wonderful to think that our canine carnivorous friends too can live all their life on some processed mix of ingredients and chemicals in the shape of a small biscuit.

They can't.