Winchester 22 ammo

Just finished plinking off a box of 42 grain winchester subsonic ammo . On first inspection rounds appeared to have different sized hollow points and lacked uniformity. Had half a dozen out of the 50 go supersonic and had to remove a spent case stuck in the chamber. Has the quality control with wnichester  now being made in the us gone out the window or did I get a bad batch . Never had issues in days gone by with the australian manufactured stuff. Winchester always had a great reputation for knockdown power . Any experiences ?

Edited by chrisg

I stopped using Winchester for the same reason, very inconsistent with the size of the hollow point, switched to CCI, the work well through the little CZ, recently got 500 Norma and I’ve only used a dozen or so but they seem good 

• Like 1

I've been using them for 16yrs in my CZ American the only trouble i have had is the spent cases getting stuck in the breech/chamber.

But i put that down to me not ever cleaning the barrel. I have just bought a CZ 457 so i will see how that goes with them.

2 hours ago, samboy said:

I've been using them for 16yrs in my CZ American the only trouble i have had is the spent cases getting stuck in the breech/chamber.

But i put that down to me not ever cleaning the barrel. I have just bought a CZ 457 so i will see how that goes with them.

Can’t beat Norma or eley in 457

2 hours ago, samboy said:

I don't think they have been making the new Winchester ammo that long??

1 minute ago, villaman said:

Can’t beat Norma or eley in 457

Have you bought any eley recently vm? They were my first choice for years, but recently not so good, I’ve tried them again a couple of times and I gave up on them. Hopefully they’ve improved?

46 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I don't think they have been making the new Winchester ammo that long??

Sorry i meant i have been using winchesters overall for 16yrs but the new ones since they came out.

• Like 1