Bad back, no sleep but lots of drugs?

Been having a few back issues last few weeks, got up Saturday morning and bang prolapsed my l3 disk mad thing with this disc is it affects the right leg particularly the knee, so my knee is proper agony can’t get comfy and haven’t slept much in 4 knights, just been given this big bag of pain killers that I,m not much of a fan of, but I really want a nights sleep, so the question is if you were just going to take one or two before bed what one would you take just to get a nights kip, help I’m knackered ?

3D492F47-4835-447A-A298-B24B7AB821DA.jpeg

9A9636EF-9C97-40AE-8BC5-A85A731852B5.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gone for a diazepam gin and joints combo, should be lights out within the hour ?

I'd take a couple of codine, the anti inflamitry and the valium i'd save till i had feck all to do one afternoon..i used to have a quite a big valium script but i never took them more than 2 or at mos

My mate sent me a pic yesterday, he is in Cheshire at the moment, lives on his boat now, really interesting life story, lived for six months of the year in Florida, married a criminologist, loads of t

Posted Images

My daughter has just been declared fit to go back to light work after having her prolapsed disc operated on a few weeks ago.

Hopefully that's  put paid to the three years of agony she's  suffered.

Any of em in moderation should help but l would avoid taking too much of anything with codeine in it. It can cause constipation. 

Bad back+ constipation = double unhappiness. 

Hope you get right soon?

Edited by comanche
  • Like 1

Good luck with it mate slipped a disk a few time bloody pain full didn't like the diazepam at all. As said make sure you take the one to protect you stomach Doctor warned me big time. I used a base ball bat to help get off the sofa but some times the pain was so bad would just fall back and scream it's agony so you my sympathy mate.

Cheers Arry

I got given all that stuff when my back was fcuked… the naproxen made me sick.

Codeine works, goes well with a couple of beers?

only thing with that is it bungs you up after a few days and I can feel it making me skin crawl when I’m in bed, fine during day though!

Just getting over a shoulder opp, worn it out plastering and laying bricks, I didn’t take there pills this time and am just using ibuprofen 

• Like 1

These things are worth there weight in gold, my lass said there on offer again in Aldi.. think there about £6

0B34091B-CC39-42F9-A9B1-C5F7239874BC.jpeg.c469fdab2b930200ffc38565157f9a10.jpeg

my back still gets a lot of hammer from laying footing blocks but these gizmos klick everything back in place no problem.

i had two discs replaced bout 15 year ago, opp worked instantly and I was back plastering a week after!

don’t let them trim your disks as they’ll rupture again and take a long time to heal and having them fused restricts your movement. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, greg64 said:

the only ones that are pain killers there is the codeine and that is not very strong

Naproxen?? 

There a nsaid so I can't have them but the missus has had them they kill the pain but they wrecked her stomach..

Diazepam is what I'd be using as they are given to people to aid sleep 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, greg64 said:

the only ones that are pain killers there is the codeine and that is not very strong

30mg not strong ? 2 of them is 60mg and that taken 4 times a day is the max recommended dose for an adult of codeine