Security tags on basic food items.

5 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

The article shows a kilo of Lurpack  for £9.35.at one of the cheaper supermarkets. How do you shop around when you are already shopping at a cut price outlet, have no car and a bunch of hungry kids at home?

Who buys a kilo of butter at a time ?

Asda is charging £2.25 for the "normal" size carton we buy, but if you go next door to Lidls their own brand "Danpack" is £1.75, probably comes from the same supplier, and, to me, tastes the same.

Yes, of course prices are going up, but it's easy to shop around, we have an Asda, Tesco, B&M, Farmfoods, Iceland, Aldi, Lidl all within easy walking distance. We also have Sainsbury's, M&S, but f**k them !

Of course things are getting harder, but shopping around is easy, and it's all about supply and demand...... if we only shop at the places that are cheaper, then the more expensive places will have to drop their prices.

But I think your more interested in having an argument with me than having a discussion.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

exactly country is f****d but has billions to send all over 

I'm in the process of sorting it out, I owned a house in my 20's and cut loose with travel, cars girls and beer. I attempted to setup abroad and that didn't work out , although the hard work and time

How many of these 'poor people' have a 60" TV, the latest mobile, and smoke 40 a day?

Posted Images

Just now, W. Katchum said:

I’ll buy it by the ton if the junkie shoplifters price is right ?

I know a certain bar which is opposite a Farmfoods. You just give your list to the smackhead in the bar, he goes "shopping" for you, and it's only half price ! 

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
Just now, chartpolski said:

Who buys a kilo of butter at a time ?

Asda is charging £2.25 for the "normal" size carton we buy, but if you go next door to Lidls their own brand "Danpack" is £1.75, probably comes from the same supplier, and, to me, tastes the same.

Yes, of course prices are going up, but it's easy to shop around, we have an Asda, Tesco, B&M, Farmfoods, Iceland, Aldi, Lidl all within easy walking distance. We also have Sainsbury's, M&S, but f**k them !

Of course things are getting harder, but shopping around is easy, and it's all about supply and demand...... if we only shop at the places that are cheaper, then the more expensive places will have to drop their prices.

But I think your more interested in having an argument with me than having a discussion.

Cheers.

On the contrary, you are the individual who suggested I was being sensationalist...bit bitchy.

There are two types of  working class oldies who are comfortably off.  One pulls up the drawer bridge and says, well If I can make money so can you and has no affiliation with the poor.

There's another who says I was dead lucky, there's plenty of my mates who weren't, things are a LOT harder for young people then they once were. Stats show working class people are being squeezed like never before.

I think you fit in the former category.

• Like 1

On the contrary, you are the individual who suggested I was being sensationalist...bit bitchy.

There are two types of  working class oldies who are comfortably off.  One pulls up the drawer bridge and says, well If I can make money so can you and has no affiliation with the poor.

There's another who says I was dead lucky, there's plenty of my mates who weren't, things are a LOT harder for young people then they once were. Stats show working class people are being squeezed like never before.

How many of these 'poor people' have a 60" TV, the latest mobile, and smoke 40 a day?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Then you don't know me whatsoever, but you've allways seemed to have a grudge against me, your comments on my dogs breeding and who bred them, even though you were proven wrong every time seems to support my thoughts.

Whenever I post my opinions, which I'm always at pains to explain are only MY opinions, you seem to want to contradict me.

I used to get into arguments on here and other sites, but age and circumstances made me change my outlook. I'm 70 years old and have far more important things on my mind than arguing on an internet site, so, I'll not take anything you say to heart ! ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

It could be due to people struggling but I'd imagine it's because they're things the door to doors have always lifted 

My misses is a baker and uses stork for baking; in the last year it has gone from £2.10 to £3.25. May not sound much but like alot of other stuff it has gone up over 50% when they're saying inflation is 10% ... how do you justify the additional cost to people's food shops? You can't imo, someone on the breadline who has £50 to do a shop is getting half what they did last year. 

We've also noticed through looking back through her books (we were on about this the other night) that things have just been creeping by a few pence here and there.

?anybody with a brain can see foods gone up 

you spend 200 a week on shopping be more like 280 now 

• Like 2
Just now, chartpolski said:

Then you don't know me whatsoever, but you've allways seemed to have a grudge against me, your comments on my dogs breeding and who bred them, even though you were proven wrong every time seems to support my thoughts.

Whenever I post my opinions, which I'm always at pains to explain are only MY opinions, you seem to want to contradict me.

I used to get into arguments on here and other sites, but age and circumstances made me change my outlook. I'm 70 years old and have far more important things on my mind than arguing on an internet site, so, I'll not take anything you say to heart ! ?

Cheers.

Have a good evening. I hope we  can exchange ideas on other threads without holding grudges. Your comments on your dog's breeding have left me baffled. But it's not important.

Have a good evening. I hope we  can exchange ideas on other threads without holding grudges. Your comments on your dog's breeding have left me baffled. But it's not important.

There's only one person in the whole world, in the whole of my life I hold a grudge against, and that is the shithouse that mocked my two children dying in my arms of cancer.......that I can't ever forgive or forget.

As I've said, my opinions are only MY opinions, I respect everyone else's opinion, even though I may not agree with them.

And yes, you're right, whatever is said on here is not important in the grand scheme of things ?

Cheers.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

Thanks for that mate. I'm studying it in great detail, could be worth a lot to me.

There used to actually be a sort of anarchists ne'er-do-wells and those of similar ilk chat-room years ago, saw lots of good tips on there for all manner of naughtiness, I best make a foil lifters bag ?

• Haha 1
Just now, W. Katchum said:

I hear the bag for life is deadly in wrong hangs with a bit foil, so I hear?

I am from the same sort of area as you, bag for life must have cost Tesco fortunes since their introduction, I have a mate who used to fill a trolley, set off the fire alarm, then just exit through a fire door, no finesse in it but he was certainly productive ?

• Haha 1