Security tags on basic food items.

I can remember rationing after the war. Never thought I'd see this. I know its a feeble hope, but this article should be top of the government's agenda.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Shoppers took to social media to share pictures of security tags on £3.99 blocks of Aldi cheddar and £8 lamb chops in a nearby Co-op store in Wolverhampton...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

exactly country is f****d but has billions to send all over 

I'm in the process of sorting it out, I owned a house in my 20's and cut loose with travel, cars girls and beer. I attempted to setup abroad and that didn't work out , although the hard work and time

How many of these 'poor people' have a 60" TV, the latest mobile, and smoke 40 a day?

Posted Images

Just now, jukel123 said:

I can remember rationing after the war. Never thought I'd see this. I know its a feeble hope, but this article should be top of the government's agenda.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Shoppers took to social media to share pictures of security tags on £3.99 blocks of Aldi cheddar and £8 lamb chops in a nearby Co-op store in Wolverhampton...

exactly country is f****d but has billions to send all over 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

None of this in my local Asda, Lidl, Aldi.

Yes things have gone up, but if anyone is daft enough to pay nearly £8 for Lurpack, good luck to them, same as the idiots who pay £8 for a pint !

Just boycott the profiteers, it was a crime during the war......should be now !

Cheers.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Per kilo!

Who buys that shit buy the f***ing kilo!?

I haven't noticed anything particularly mental about the price of actual butter.

My missus mentioned this article about Lurpack, but on reading into it it was for 3/4 of a kilo !

Yes, as I've said, prices are going up, but this particular item is just MSM sensationalism.

Judging by some of the reaction, it's working ! ?

Cheers.

• Like 2

Should be buying British butter anyways, the local shop was saying it was 7.50 a pack in asda didn't mention per kilo, lol. Local shop is a bit of a rip off that's how it came up, charged my son £2 for a tiny shitty flake Cornetto. Asked my boy if he felt it was worth the £2 he said yes definitely.....

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

It could be due to people struggling but I'd imagine it's because they're things the door to doors have always lifted 

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Per kilo!

I haven't noticed anything particularly mental about the price of actual butter.

My misses is a baker and uses stork for baking; in the last year it has gone from £2.10 to £3.25. May not sound much but like alot of other stuff it has gone up over 50% when they're saying inflation is 10% ... how do you justify the additional cost to people's food shops? You can't imo, someone on the breadline who has £50 to do a shop is getting half what they did last year. 

We've also noticed through looking back through her books (we were on about this the other night) that things have just been creeping by a few pence here and there.

• Like 5
Just now, Borr said:

Should be buying British butter anyways, the local shop was saying it was 7.50 a pack in asda didn't mention per kilo, lol. Local shop is a bit of a rip off that's how it came up, charged my son £2 for a tiny shitty flake Cornetto. Asked my boy if he felt it was worth the £2 he said yes definitely.....

Alot if 'smaller' shops are dearer just because imo they can be. Co-op is a prime example of this and using my misses as an example again .... she asked me to grab her a few bits which I would normally get from tescco but couldn't be bothered so stopped at the bigger coop. Same stuff was over double the price but wasn't double the quality

• Like 1

Alot depends simply on where you do your shopping imo and whether or not your willing to sacrifice names. Price differences may not look like much but over a 100 item shop it quickly adds up. 

Personally I'll happily use own brands and wonky veg, it all tastes the same and can cut the cost of a shop in half

Screenshot_20220705-201718_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220705-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

9 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

None of this in my local Asda, Lidl, Aldi.

Yes things have gone up, but if anyone is daft enough to pay nearly £8 for Lurpack, good luck to them, same as the idiots who pay £8 for a pint !

Just boycott the profiteers, it was a crime during the war......should be now !

Cheers.

The article shows a kilo of Lurpack  for £9.35.at one of the cheaper supermarkets. How do you shop around when you are already shopping at a cut price outlet, have no car and a bunch of hungry kids at home?

3 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Alot if 'smaller' shops are dearer just because imo they can be. Co-op is a prime example of this and using my misses as an example again .... she asked me to grab her a few bits which I would normally get from tescco but couldn't be bothered so stopped at the bigger coop. Same stuff was over double the price but wasn't double the quality

Yeah well spar does an even better job , shitter produce for marks and Spencer prices, 

We do lidls/Aldi for main shop , I don't mind co-op as I don't like big supermarkets and it's next to my butcher ?, I will use small individual shops like butchers , pet supplies etc where it's practical 

17 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Per kilo!

People with kids.

3 minutes ago, Borr said:

Yeah well spar does an even better job , shitter produce for marks and Spencer prices, 

We do lidls/Aldi for main shop , I don't mind co-op as I don't like big supermarkets and it's next to my butcher ?, I will use small individual shops like butchers , pet supplies etc where it's practical 

There's a coop 2 secs from my house that's becoming a spar; the estate is deprived enough as it is.

The other thing I don't think helps is how so few people now know how to use fresh ingredients or even ingredients that they aren't just warming up. You can go to the coop at 9pm each night and all the veg will be reduced, along with anything wholemeal, often the seafood and cuts of meat but they've never got a reduced shitty sandwich that they'll charge 2.50 for ... says to me people can't or won't cook

• Like 2