Been caught out by the Fog many, many times...🤬

You check the weather for the night (best as you could, back in the day) but sometimes you knew that as each mile you got closer to the location, the fecking fog seemed to be following you, and eventually overtaking ya 🙄

NO sporting spotlight works on those damp misty nights, and generally, a bad lamping night is a crap snaring and netting night...The grass is kinda damp, and the air seems clingy,...very few rabbits choose to move far out , if the don't need to.

Best to sack it, stay at home, and save the fuel for another night.👍

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Blue Eyes is back..👍  

I've tried all the available lamps, and I still can't get a result.. Something is wrong,...got to be....🤔  

🤔Now, I like me scran , same as any good Englishman,...but how have we gone from Lamping,.. to Cornflakes🙄 Is the writing ,..perhaps on the wall,...is this how it all ends.....😲 This was once t

Posted Images

11 hours ago, mC HULL said:

who said out about 500 yds 😆 

You did, months ago, Magoo.

3 hours ago, TOMO said:

f**k me you at it again hull..

500 yards...lol

👍

I’m lucky living where I do cos it’s unusual to get fog both on high ground an low ground at same time so just go where it’s not, the moors get bad tho, real bad, some nights you end up having to drive through the fcukers at walking pace it’s that thick 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

NO sporting spotlight works on those damp misty nights, and generally, a bad lamping night is a crap snaring and netting night...The grass is kinda damp, and the air seems clingy,...very few rabbits choose to move far out , if the don't need to.

Best to sack it, stay at home, and save the fuel for another night.👍

File0042.jpg

Unless you're Magoo, he has paranormal powers.  🤓

Lol  👍

57 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You did, months ago, Magoo.

👍

i know so you was on about that not fog wasn’t you 😂 nice swerve shaark 😂 

Edited by mC HULL
48 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Unless you're Magoo, he has paranormal powers.  🤓

Lol  👍

i can’t see f**k all in the fog brighter the lamp the worse is it 

2 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Hold the lamp upside down, you don't even get real fog where you are... down here we'd just say it's abit misty

😂 😂 

I remember when we made our own lamps from the scrap yard hearing about blue eye lamp. Next time I was up the yard I spotted an old sports car with a spot light that had a blue glass  centre. Had it off the bumper in a jiffy and wired up to a battery and pleased as punch with my blue eye lamp 😄

Used the old cluelight for years before moving on a few years ago but kept the old original,  alas last year I brought a new battery and changed bulb but its  just not holding charge so into  retirement it must go, end of an era.

IMG_20201025_122741.jpg.3577524c29cb5d216709f5766c973e7a.jpg

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2