51 minutes ago, fred90 said:

can someone explain why they are having problems spotting stuff with the led lamps? are they really so different from the old halogen ones?. 

I have problems with them halogen all the way for me But I know lads that sware by them maybe it's a age thing lol

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Blue Eyes is back..?  

The old blue eye lamp was a perfect little lamp. I think mine was a million candle. I remember the feeling when I had it as money was tight back then as it is now lol. The days of postal orders and k

I've tried all the available lamps, and I still can't get a result.. Something is wrong,...got to be....?  

Posted Images

Just now, W. Katchum said:

And they unmistakable, ye could choke a shark with one ? not as big as blitz but better made an stronger 

They were very similar to them they came different sizes to and different candle powers 

20220705_123715.jpg

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

can someone explain why they are having problems spotting stuff with the led lamps? are they really so different from the old halogen ones?. 

Because the old lamps use quarts xenon or halogen, both give light similar to daylight 3000 kelvin and based in the red yellow longwave light spectrum. So our eyes are used to daylight and looking for colour differences is helped by the longwave light.

Led etc are shortwave and based in blue light spectrum, poor for colour deferential. 

Basically regardless of the hype and what people will try to tell you, the human eye can see more detail in everyway with quarts lights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, levigsp said:

Because the old lamps use quarts xenon or halogen, both give light similar to daylight 3000 kelvin and based in the red yellow longwave light spectrum. So our eyes are used to daylight and looking for colour differences is helped by the longwave light.

Led etc are shortwave and based in blue light spectrum, poor for colour deferential. 

Basically regardless of the hype and what people will try to tell you, the human eye can see more detail in everyway with quarts lights.

not trying to be a smart arse mate but does it affect the dog in any way? 

• Like 1

The old blue eye lamp was a perfect little lamp. I think mine was a million candle. I remember the feeling when I had it as money was tight back then as it is now lol. The days of postal orders and k p and s. It suddenly made the hares on top of the mountain an option. Where as before there was no chance as they would be out of range in no time of the old head light I had. It did pierce the fog a little bit but you were still stuffed so it was a case of driving on until it got clear.
I miss it all. Its not the getting old you can't avoid that it is just things have changed and not for the better 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s like the smaller ones ain’t it, looks sturdy that one, have to say I jumped on the clulite band wagon as soon as they done the sealed battery combo an then onto striker them blitz as soon as I saw them, love my blitz an killed some rabbits with it, but back to striker variable now?

0679F062-768B-46E7-A046-F3FDE3DFE901.jpeg

F74FAF86-E2A7-4E35-874C-BBAD905F465F.jpeg

0D575364-FDB0-43C1-A76B-3CA89BF2D0E7.jpeg

834E425B-D6AC-4940-9398-8935FDA17FFE.png

Cracking 

• Like 1