Actually,...I believe that an interesting article could  be penned, solely about the various miscellaneous Field Sports Suppliers and canny entrepreneurs  that started up, here in the UK, back in those Halcyon Days....

I met all of them, visited their premises, and accepted my bag of coins...it was frequently, emotional...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 4

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Blue Eyes is back..?  

The old blue eye lamp was a perfect little lamp. I think mine was a million candle. I remember the feeling when I had it as money was tight back then as it is now lol. The days of postal orders and k

I've tried all the available lamps, and I still can't get a result.. Something is wrong,...got to be....?  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

Actually,...I believe that an interesting article could  be penned, solely about the various miscellaneous Field Sports Suppliers and canny entrepreneurs  that started up, here in the UK, back in those Halcyon Days....

I met all of them, visited their premises, and accepted my bag of coins...it was frequently, emotional...?

File0020.jpg

KP & S nets ! Still have one of their original canvas ferret sacks hanging up in my ferret shed !

• Like 2
2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

File0020.jpg

I recon that would make a great read, there certainly was some characters in the selling game back then... ? 

Think there were a few high-street suppliers of those oblong type lamps, as Bird Catcher said, Argos did them and I remember getting one from Halfords. One of them came with a red filter too...? ?

1 minute ago, Bosun11 said:

I recon that would make a great read, there certainly was some characters in the selling game back then... ? 

Think there were a few high-street suppliers of those oblong type lamps, as Bird Catcher said, Argos did them and I remember getting one from Halfords. One of them came with a red filter too...? ?

I had 1 Halfords like

• Like 2
3 hours ago, OldPhil said:

File0006.jpg

Here is an interesting tale about a certain seller of rabbit nets, purse and long.

He advertised 12v 18amh batteries for lamping-when they're gone they're gone! £10 each.

I pulled up outside the house and knocked on the back door, door opened by a little child who went of shouting "daddy ANOTHER GUFF at the door" !

I asked Bob for a battery and he fetched one out, I looked it over and stated," yes Ill have one please, Sorry i only have a twenty" now what happened next would have caused serious psychologic issues to someone else, however I've never claimed to be sane. 

The door to the left of me flew open and a woman's hand grabbed the twenty pound note, door shut and she shouted " you will get your tenner tomorrow!" however- what I saw when the door opened was somewhat horrific, a middle aged woman sitting on the pan, flashing something that resembled a donna kebab, horrible. 

Bob apologised, saying she was searching for lice/mite or something and added, you will get you change tomorrow, sorry"

I did eventually I did get my change and I saw bob many times, but I never found out what a Guff was.

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, Bird Catcher said:

KP & S nets ! Still have one of their original canvas ferret sacks hanging up in my ferret shed !

Sell it too me loved them lol. Can't get any thing like it now not that I know of 

19 minutes ago, levigsp said:

Here is an interesting tale about a certain seller of rabbit nets, purse and long.

He advertised 12v 18amh batteries for lamping-when they're gone they're gone! £10 each.

I pulled up outside the house and knocked on the back door, door opened by a little child who went of shouting "daddy ANOTHER GUFF at the door" !

I asked Bob for a battery and he fetched one out, I looked it over and stated," yes Ill have one please, Sorry i only have a twenty" now what happened next would have caused serious psychologic issues to someone else, however I've never claimed to be sane. 

The door to the left of me flew open and a woman's hand grabbed the twenty pound note, door shut and she shouted " you will get your tenner tomorrow!" however- what I saw when the door opened was somewhat horrific, a middle aged woman sitting on the pan, flashing something that resembled a donna kebab, horrible. 

Bob apologised, saying she was searching for lice/mite or something and added, you will get you change tomorrow, sorry"

I did eventually I did get my change and I saw bob many times, but I never found out what a Guff was.

Searching for lice mites omg ??

• Haha 1