Top speed and maturity

3 hours ago, riohog said:

doesnt look heavly saluki saturated to me , ,its a growing pupjust feed it a good balanced diet  and itll be what it will be , 

i’d say it looks heavy saluki i wouldn’t be surprised if it out a pure looking at shape of everything just no feather 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's hard to make a judgement on a photo, but I like to see a bit puppy fat on a pup ? Cheers.

Looking at that dogs lack of muscle tone flat feet and long nails I would hazard a guess it doesn’t get out much. 

Feet, plenty of bone.?

Posted Images

4 hours ago, skycat said:

But what sort of dry food? If it's cheap shite then it won't be worth the bag it comes in. You only get out what you put in. And also, I don't think that having food on tap is helping a dog's appetite at all. They tend to pick at it, feel constantly full so don't really guzzle down their food as a dog is designed to do. Dogs' stomachs are designed to eat fast until full, then not eat again for several hours, even pups over 8 weeks of age.

BTW, its feet look great.

Do you think adult dogs are better off being fed once a day or twice going off that theory ? I also agree food shouldn’t be left down all the time as it can make them picky and they will eat at different times which is not what you want for a working dog when you have a heavy work load planned at a certain time so they will want feeding at a certain time. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Casey97 said:

400grams of beef,chicken or rabbit and the feeders always full of dry food

Take the dry food away and if you got to feed it mix it in with raw once a day .

Get the youngster out across the fields and let chase few bunny's ,every walk in the fields is a learning day for pups and they soon start usen there nose and finding stuff that's fun to run and most young dogs self enter or at least mine have .

Good luck 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Do you think adult dogs are better off being fed once a day or twice going off that theory ? I also agree food shouldn’t be left down all the time as it can make them picky and they will eat at different times which is not what you want for a working dog when you have a heavy work load planned at a certain time so they will want feeding at a certain time. 

adults dogs spring summer once a day mate season once working twice a day for me 

2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Take the dry food away and if you got to feed it mix it in with raw once a day .

Get the youngster out across the fields and let chase few bunny's ,every walk in the fields is a learning day for pups and they soon start usen there nose and finding stuff that's fun to run and most young dogs self enter or at least mine have .

Good luck 

see you get the stick a been called a summer hunter and told pups shouldn’t be allowed to get things up bomb about it’s doing there recall no good ? 

• Like 1

To be fair, they are crap photos, and anyone , including myself, who are making, assertions about the pup, haven't really got a clue ! ? !

Ive allways said you can't go on a picture.....you need to see the dog in the flesh and get your hands on it.

Best of luck with it !

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, jeemes said:

Any spring in the toes is good but the vertical type cat foot is more vunerable, and has mostly been over exaggerated by show people. Big oversized feet with thick pads, thick nails and a slightly flattened out shape like you see on Saluki types and Wolves are the best feet that can run over anything. They should be called desert feet really.

Depends on the ground you run to compare dogs feet tbh, but I'm agreeing with you  ?

Cheers, D.

4 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

I’ve always fed twice a day all year round with that being a light meal in the morning and a heavy meal at night but obviously not being fed on the morning if they are going to be working that day

Do you include flatbreads and dates 

On 04/07/2022 at 13:11, jeemes said:

vertical type cat foot

Do you actually mean vertical type cat foot, or vertical pasterns, I know that's sort of nit picking, but there's a fair bit of difference.  'Upright psterns' not so good.

On 04/07/2022 at 19:16, dogmandont said:

Good feet are feet that don't break but there's nothing looks as bad in my opinion as a flat footed lurcher, I give a decent young dog back to the breeder for no other reason than I couldn't look at it feet. Lol. 

I've done the same.  When you look at a pup's feet and have no real confidence in them, it doesn't bode well. 

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2