Top speed and maturity

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's hard to make a judgement on a photo, but I like to see a bit puppy fat on a pup ? Cheers.

Looking at that dogs lack of muscle tone flat feet and long nails I would hazard a guess it doesn’t get out much. 

Feet, plenty of bone.?

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Never paid any thought to feet if the dogs fit...

a lot are hare footed no amount a walking will change that i find these on average give the least hassle you get good strong footed dogs cat footed but i think they get the nail bed  pushed back a lot more 

I’ve never had a saluki pup with puppy fat on them. And I’ve found Salukis feet are longer and not as tight as other lurchers.. they probably have the best feet of all too.. 

but with regards to the actual question asked; I take mine out from a very early age. Bushing, mouching about, etc.. I would intentionally lamp a rabbit until about 11/12 months old, but I would have expected them to have seen and chased plenty of rabbit just much about in the day time, 

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

I’ve never had a saluki pup with puppy fat on them. And I’ve found Salukis feet are longer and not as tight as other lurchers.. they probably have the best feet of all too.. 

but with regards to the actual question asked; I take mine out from a very early age. Bushing, mouching about, etc.. I would intentionally lamp a rabbit until about 11/12 months old, but I would have expected them to have seen and chased plenty of rabbit just much about in the day time, 

Spot on reply... ???

1 hour ago, moonlighter said:

Hare feet...better than cat like showy toes, more durable.

10 hours ago, Wideboy said:

From the second and third pictures I’d say it’s a bit lean. There’s no shame in that bud. I think you should just feed it more then you are. It shouldn’t have as many ribs shown or be as muscular at that age. Don’t be looking at measurements. Just pile the food in to that pup.

What are you feeding it? Don’t take this as a criticism btw. 

400grams of beef,chicken or rabbit and the feeders always full of dry food

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Casey97 said:

400grams of beef,chicken or rabbit and the feeders always full of dry food

But what sort of dry food? If it's cheap shite then it won't be worth the bag it comes in. You only get out what you put in. And also, I don't think that having food on tap is helping a dog's appetite at all. They tend to pick at it, feel constantly full so don't really guzzle down their food as a dog is designed to do. Dogs' stomachs are designed to eat fast until full, then not eat again for several hours, even pups over 8 weeks of age.

BTW, its feet look great.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, socks said:

Nope don’t agree. 

Any spring in the toes is good but the vertical type cat foot is more vunerable, and has mostly been over exaggerated by show people. Big oversized feet with thick pads, thick nails and a slightly flattened out shape like you see on Saluki types and Wolves are the best feet that can run over anything. They should be called desert feet really.

1 hour ago, skycat said:

But what sort of dry food? If it's cheap shite then it won't be worth the bag it comes in. You only get out what you put in. And also, I don't think that having food on tap is helping a dog's appetite at all. They tend to pick at it, feel constantly full so don't really guzzle down their food as a dog is designed to do. Dogs' stomachs are designed to eat fast until full, then not eat again for several hours, even pups over 8 weeks of age.

BTW, its feet look great.

I use royal canin

• Like 1

Personally,.. I like to give pup's full freedom, to do what they like,.. and eat everything wholesome that I can get down their gullets?

This early time is the most precious, as regards a hunting dogs mental and physical development....

There is no,.. going back...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 3