Well guys. I know this not a normal topic. However. The lovely one just said come and have a look at this. There are bats flying about outside our conservatory. Sure enough there they were. Guessing 3 at most but super active. Took the pad out to try them on camera but not good enough.  Will try again now that they are here. Jok.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m sitting here for the last two hours watching the most amazing sky and at last the little bugger has appeared. He/she is flitting about like a banshee. The sky is amazing so will put one up. 

Incidentally the sky was beautiful.

i used to work on a caravan park about 20 years ago and one evening i was talking a guy sat on his decking that was catching moths that were drawn to his outside light and he was holding theses moths

Posted Images

Got one here, Jok. See him most nights. One year, I remember being amazed at how late in the year he was about!

No idea what sort it is. I've never gotten that deeply into bats.

Funnily enough, now I think about it? Zacky The Gypsy ~ in the Enid Blyton book I just mentioned on the books thread ~ shows the kids his 'Bat Fiddle'. Never bothered with one myself. Because I don't have a fiddle bow.

Got a stethoscope, actually. But, that's quite another story.

They’re nice to watch fluttering about in the half light on a summers nights.

Whenever anyone mentions bats I can’t help myself but bang on about the bats in AUS. Like f***ing dinosaurs! Constant stream of them flying down the river surrounded by the bright lights and hussle of the city…

CB7ED431-62F6-477F-A195-AE5394EE6895.jpeg

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

I've a baseball bat by the bed,it too comes out at night ....if she snores too loudly

We walk by the river at night to watch dozens of them flitter about,their great to watch,makes the walk way more interesting 

Edited by jigsaw

When I was fishing last week I saw a bat flying about at around 3:30 in the afternoon. You can see it just under the tree

bat.jpg.2d9e1d944d2cdd861a53838430223278.jpg

Around the same time last year and about 20km away I saw a bat flying around the river bank just before noon. They may well be confused youngsters.

• Like 1

Used to find em regular under the roof slates of the houses that we were demoliting , roosting til dusk .my mate ( big hard c**t ) wes scared shitless off em ,did,not dare tell no,one at the time ,would have got the job shut down .protected see

These are little fellas about the size of a sparrow. Trying to get a pic is going to be tricky. Might follow Greyman with the trail cam idea.what breed might this be.? Jok.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

When I was fishing last week I saw a bat flying about at around 3:30 in the afternoon. You can see it just under the tree

bat.jpg.2d9e1d944d2cdd861a53838430223278.jpg

Around the same time last year and about 20km away I saw a bat flying around the river bank just before noon. They may well be confused youngsters.

Adult bats will come out during the day to feed the young ones 

• Thanks 1