Cows milk goats milk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reared nearly 100 pups on Lactol,. great stuff, but they don't half gulp it down . The greedy litter will soon go through a Tin,.. but it all part and parcel of producing, good strong whelps...

Don't over do calcium,  causes more harm than good.  Adult dogs can  control calcium level when healthy but pups can't and to much causes abnormal bone growth. A normal diet should  supply plenty

pert pair for me mate none a them under the arm pits when they on there back ?  ourlass likes the moobs she must do ? ? 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

I’ve heard of people using baby formula for pups with good results, I wonder if that pigs milk has got a hint of bacon flavour to it 

This is neither the time or the place for simpletonism 

6 hours ago, D Lloyd said:

I'm with you now jest over 6 years mate that's the big place that pics up all the dead stock Iam a long way from there.whats they're prices like now there were cheap years ago might be worth the trip

its dropped used to be 30 , five kilo bags for a £100 now its only 20 bags for £100 but order a £100 worth and its free deliver great selection , Raw mince Cooked mince , Chunks , hearts , Kidney, Liver, Offal , Tripe even calfs legs and huge knuckle bones or smaller cut bones 

I just phone up get a couple of hundred pounds worth and it does these two months  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mC HULL said:

and goats milk is better for fat protein and vitamins minerals taste rank though ? 

Drank some yesterday I thought it was good jest bit creamer than full fat cows milk

10 hours ago, levigsp said:

Not all true I'm afraid.

All pups produce lactase and most 99%+ do so for the rest of their lifetime, but in a smaller amount after weaning.

However if a pup is started on milk at lets say 3 weeks as a supplement and fed milk on a regular basis right through its lifetime it will produce lactase at the correct rate to utilise the milk.

Humans are no different and people like myself who have drunk milk their entire life and have no issue. However you stop the supply of milk for a year and its a different story,  leading to the intolerance.

Myself I have always few my dogs from 3 weeks to 3 months on goats milk added to their meat diet and then they get milk, etc for the rest of their life.

Lactase production is negligible after weaning and is genetically predetermined. 

WWW.ANNUALREVIEWS.ORG

Edited by sandymere
9 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

How’s that ? Lactol is a powder formula puppy milk 

Because your exact words were"

I always use lactol I got told not to give dogs cows ? milk ? as they are lactose intolerant 

The contradiction is the fact Lactol contains lactose!!!!