Cows milk goats milk

5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Have to say tho coo’s milk is far superior in taste, especially fresh raw stuff ?

whole cows milk lovely, goats milk fckin horrible but dogs do good on it.

• Like 2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reared nearly 100 pups on Lactol,. great stuff, but they don't half gulp it down . The greedy litter will soon go through a Tin,.. but it all part and parcel of producing, good strong whelps...

Don't over do calcium,  causes more harm than good.  Adult dogs can  control calcium level when healthy but pups can't and to much causes abnormal bone growth. A normal diet should  supply plenty

pert pair for me mate none a them under the arm pits when they on there back ?  ourlass likes the moobs she must do ? ? 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, D Lloyd said:

Lol well I'm coving all bases going for goats milk one meal raw mince next then lactol next on and on lol

i’ve used lactol mate get expensive goats milk been used years hasnt it 

mince one feed some arden grange or james well beloved puppy soaked in goats milk have there fill feed often 5 or 6 times a day some days even some scrambled egg  ?water there all the time 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 2
On 02/07/2022 at 05:47, D Lloyd said:

What's people's appineons on feeding young pups on feeding cows milk goats milk or jest mixing lactol powder in water

Reared nearly 100 pups on Lactol,. great stuff, but they don't half gulp it down .

The greedy litter will soon go through a Tin,.. but it all part and parcel of producing, good strong whelps...

Expensive when you are on a budget,.... got to be done though...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 6
4 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Reared nearly 100 pups on Lactol,. great stuff, but they don't half gulp it down .

The greedy litter will soon go through a Tin,.. but it all part and parcel of producing, good strong whelps...

Dusty & pups 3 weeks_2797.JPG

if the mother wasn’t there i’d use it phil

but weaning etc goats milk do the job

like you say they soon go threw the tin ? 

31 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Dusty & pups 3 weeks_2797.JPG

Stunning Phil I do love them merles. cost gone out the window all ready no were were I am now to get dog grub so it's all chicken out the supermarket and bests mince have got a pets at home here so been getting some mince from the more expensive than the super market but I want the fat in it

2 hours ago, D Lloyd said:

Stunning Phil I do love them merles. cost gone out the window all ready no were were I am now to get dog grub so it's all chicken out the supermarket and bests mince have got a pets at home here so been getting some mince from the more expensive than the super market but I want the fat in it

You to far from Greyshill now ?. these two have been  on there meat for is it 7 years now ?> 

2 hours ago, D Lloyd said:

Remind me were is that mate

I'm with you now jest over 6 years mate that's the big place that pics up all the dead stock Iam a long way from there.whats they're prices like now there were cheap years ago might be worth the trip

21 hours ago, sandymere said:

Whilst they are pups they produce an enzyme called lactase which breaks down lactose, the sugar in milk, as they get older they stop producing it so are no longer able to break down lactase and so it passes straight through. So milk from any source as pups will give calories,  calcium  etc but as adults just a drink,  bit like flavourwater but can cause loose stools in some. 

As an aside humans that have a pastoralist background tend to have evolved to produce lactase in adulthood hence our ability to digest milk throughout our lives.

Not all true I'm afraid.

All pups produce lactase and most 99%+ do so for the rest of their lifetime, but in a smaller amount after weaning.

However if a pup is started on milk at lets say 3 weeks as a supplement and fed milk on a regular basis right through its lifetime it will produce lactase at the correct rate to utilise the milk.

Humans are no different and people like myself who have drunk milk their entire life and have no issue. However you stop the supply of milk for a year and its a different story,  leading to the intolerance.

Myself I have always few my dogs from 3 weeks to 3 months on goats milk added to their meat diet and then they get milk, etc for the rest of their life.