Is FAC air caliber specific?.

Any one know when applying for an FAC for an air rifle do you have to state which calibre you wish to possess? and I'm assuming you have to put a moderator on the application as well?. Cheers.

22 minutes ago, villaman said:

And mod as well

Got an S410 and been thinking of getting a S510XS added to my licence. Wasn't sure if it was cal specific. Now I know, cheers!.

45 minutes ago, villaman said:

Yes you have to state what cal 

Just looking at the application form now.  For ammunition it says 'quantity to be possessed', would that be , say, 500 for a tin of pellets?. Just looked at the FX rifles. Not a fan of the bottled ones but I do like the Dreamline, especially in the plastic stock or 'synthetic' as they call it.

1 hour ago, villaman said:

Probably not . As you know FAC crown is my used FAC gun & my favourite 

I keep thinking about an fac crown in .177 but I haven’t any experience of .177 fac. I’d be interested in trying one, but it could be an expensive mistake? I know people say that they just drill tiny holes things, but have they actually used one, or is it just assumption? I suppose I could easily convert it to .25, but that’s another expense and I don’t really need an fac .25 because I’ve got three rimfires. What’s your views on the .177 fac ?