3 hours ago, Forager69 said:

Not necessarily, there was a nice saluki/collie/greyhound litter for sale the other week for half that price, both working parents.

Still the odd folks about not in it for the money n breeding off tested stuff at working man's prices n try to to find homes were they be tested to benefit the lines for future generations not many these days tho unfortunately.. 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Goin rate now , beddy whippets 850 / 1000 lurchers 600 / 800 

Mind you saluki cross pups always got strong money 

Crazy prices ,the days of getting a pup for 150 have gone and I reckon 500 a fair price for a well bred pup but they be some who say that's to much still but after jabs ,chip, dew claws ,feed and the work that comes with a litter I think 5 is about right .

5 hours ago, Samrog said:

How about these al over the working dog groups on Facebook ???

1F6A3F3A-40E1-4F62-A17C-E02F860D084E.jpeg

The lad who runs local raw feed shop as one of these pocket bulls or whatever they called ,he tried telling me when they first bred in usa they used patterdales in the mix to make them.

One he's got cost 2500 and first thing he said was she soon earn the money back from first litter ,poor thing can hardly breath and it don't look like it's got a good walk in it never mind work and they nothing pocket size about it 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Crazy prices ,the days of getting a pup for 150 have gone and I reckon 500 a fair price for a well bred pup but they be some who say that's to much still but after jabs ,chip, dew claws ,feed and the work that comes with a litter I think 5 is about right .

Lad I know just done a litter well bred lurcher pups he’s sold them  250 a pup to working lads , he could got double or treble to the fur baby brigade  

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Yeah, its incredible,.. the current price of Lurchers...? 

My old mate recently had a result, and him (and Mike The Dog) travelled North to buy a pair of Blue Whippet pups..

I received this photo the other evening, and it looks as though they have both bought nice sensible rabbiting jukels...

To be truthful, I am really envious, but know in my heart of hearts that a genuine working dog would be wasted on me...?

Its no matter, I can still enjoy the sight of a 12 week old whelp,...moving forwards and starting to twig on...?

250c42b5-fc44-4282-8a4c-146551e217cb.JPG

Nice strong looking pup that.

• Like 1
On 02/07/2022 at 11:44, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Keep one back for myself......I right!?

Hard times though and more hard times coming that's for sure.

Eighty pence for 500 grams of fusilli I noticed last week

Edited by low plains drifter
Greaseball stuff
7 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Yeah, its incredible,.. the current price of Lurchers...? 

My old mate recently had a result, and him (and Mike The Dog) travelled North to buy a pair of Blue Whippet pups..

I received this photo the other evening, and it looks as though they have both bought nice sensible rabbiting jukels...

To be truthful, I am really envious, but know in my heart of hearts that a genuine working dog would be wasted on me...?

Its no matter, I can still enjoy the sight of a 12 week old whelp,...moving forwards and starting to twig on...?

250c42b5-fc44-4282-8a4c-146551e217cb.JPG

??

The kid next door to me goes an gets one...

One of them deerhound/greyhound/collie/ Beddy/Saluki/bull type things, that usually level out quite nice (did I miss out whippet!?)

It's a dog, and at nearly a year old, 'can't quite control itself around his newly aquired family'.... And 'levelled' a walker on the beach, just by it boisterous ways...

Damn shame really, poor fecker just wants to run, seen it growing up... This stunning blue thing, would look magnificent behind quarry, given half the chance⁰

Got asked to find it a home, but I hate playing the middle man...

Damn thing will probs end up in a harness and never let off a lead again  ?