from now through the season

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's one of mine, the first photo is mid June and the second photo is mid January. 

A shake for breakfast 1 for lunch then a proper dinner

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Forager69 said:

Walking the chuffing things regularly is a start, nowt worse than having dogs kennelled up all day everyday, you're not going to get the most out of your dog doing that.

Exactly that mate , alot of people lock there dogs up all day and night and get upset when they don’t preform 

• Like 2

Just been away and my dogs have not been out for a walk during that time. They do have a big yard to run around in and to be honest to look at them the rest has done them a world of good. But Fukc me the first two days out have been like taking a load of delinquents on a school trip ………

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
26 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

If that's how you feel about your quarry and the game that's fine mate, sooner you stop the better, more for us to run in the future ?

Yeah I'm going prison now 2 save time in the season 

• Like 1
On 30/06/2022 at 19:02, dogmandont said:

Fcuk knows but it won't be dipping and diving for a scabby hare and then coming on the net to brag about it like I'm all... f**k the police and double hard lol. 

I've spent over thirty years hunting foxes with dogs in one form or another and I'll be fcuked if I become like you and have to constantly look over my shoulder and worry about getting a tug, the enjoyment will have gone so why keep going. 

I came to that conclusion after years of foxing, went back to rabbiting, got a whippet and a spaniel and I’m having great fun with plenty of sport, ferreting big places with longnets and whippets great buzz and no looking over your shoulder and driving home when adrenaline has worn of worrying about getting pulled, can still play up a bit when you’re out with only a whippet 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After I packed in with the terriers I moved from 4x4's to estate cars. Them old Legacy's being my fave..! Though had a couple of hatchbacks and one Ford Orion inbetween. Never liked jamming 4 big lurchers in an Orion boot, even if the speaker casings in the parcel shelf had no speakers in, to aid ventilation... ?

TBH, looking back, it was bloody tough on dogs being loaded ran, loaded and ran, all night long... But good dogs (and decent callers) will always pull you through...

As for fitness, I keep mine fit all year with daily free running walks, apart from my two week hols and my mate TimmyK, is round daily, to feed and lead walk.

One thing I've always insisted on during the summer, is dogs being allowed to flake out under the warm summer sun. It's a must IMO, time to relax and recharge.

It takes graft and graft alone, to get a dog match fit... So don't expect it over the summer, no matter how hard you try and train them..!!!

I'm lucky, in that I moved to where my dogs are free... There's no real running in the summer, the fields are much too high, and I avoid any early cut fields like the plague. But play and fun are just what's needed, along with a weekly swim (my mutts love the water!) on those hot days...

The summer is good for us all, enjoy... ?

1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

After I packed in with the terriers I moved from 4x4's to estate cars. Them old Legacy's being my fave..! Though had a couple of hatchbacks and one Ford Orion inbetween. Never liked jamming 4 big lurchers in an Orion boot, even if the speaker casings in the parcel shelf had no speakers in, to aid ventilation... ?

TBH, looking back, it was bloody tough on dogs being loaded ran, loaded and ran, all night long... But good dogs (and decent callers) will always pull you through...

As for fitness, I keep mine fit all year with daily free running walks, apart from my two week hols and my mate TimmyK, is round daily, to feed and lead walk.

One thing I've always insisted on during the summer, is dogs being allowed to flake out under the warm summer sun. It's a must IMO, time to relax and recharge.

It takes graft and graft alone, to get match fit... So don't expect it over the summer, no matter how hard you try and train them..!!!

I'm lucky, in that I moved to where my dogs are free... There's no real running in the summer, the fields are much too high, and I avoid any early cut fields like the plague. But play and fun are just what's needed, along with a weekly swim (my mutts love the water!) on those hot days...

Great post that Bosun... i agree with all of it, especially on getting dogs fit. Yes.. you can keep an eye diet and do loads of road walking.. which is great for getting dogs out of the kennel but will probably benefit you more than the dogs. No better way to get fitness into a dog than a few spins out behind something.. soon gets em whipped into shape i reckon..?

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

It takes graft and graft alone, to get a dog match fit... So don't expect it over the summer, no matter how hard you try and train them..!!!

Quality post atb 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Send the black & tan up to me , mC, I'll give it some individual attention and bring it on ! ?? !

Cheers.

black and tan is me mates chart i kept it until he got out this his runner brother to my cream un that fens bred F8589EA0-CB40-4213-BCA9-1FDE5D6FD50F.png.f7bb54ff41aced4e0eea208d633288e1.png

• Like 3