42 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

And his music is still available to buy and stream……… 

he be in the same place as Epstein and the rest of the nonces...some peado island somewhere...keep streaming his music so the organ grinders can keep his fortune for f***ing up and bringing it in top for them👍

Bet there's a lot of pop stars with squeeky bums at this story. Sex with underage groupies was rife amongst pop stars, still is for all I know. Check out these lyrics of the tracks from The Stones and Motorhead.

MOJIM.COM

Jailbait Teenage baby, you're a sweet young thing Still tied to mommy's apron strings I don't even dare to ask your age It's enough to know you're here backsta

Pleased Kelly got his just rewards. Pity a few more aren't charged too. 

Edited by jukel123
44 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Bet there's a lot of pop stars with squeeky bums at this story. Sex with underage groupies was rife amongst pop stars, still is for all I know. Check out these lyrics of the tracks from The Stones and Motorhead.

MOJIM.COM

Jailbait Teenage baby, you're a sweet young thing Still tied to mommy's apron strings I don't even dare to ask your age It's enough to know you're here backsta

Pleased Kelly got his just rewards. Pity a few more aren't charged too. 

Bill Wyman & Mandy Smith !

As I remember, nobody batted an eyelid.

Looking at it coldly, I think there is a very, very fuzzy line about imposing modern standards on things that wasn’t a problem years ago.

Gerry Lee Lewis springs to mind, his cousin was 13 (which imho is way too young !) when they got married but they were married for 12 years and had 2 kids.

Don’t forget, people used to leave school and start work at 14.

Whatever, it’s an interesting and difficult conversation……

If something can be proven to be actual rape and abuse all them years ago then fair enough…..but simply applying modern rules to the acts of the past isn’t enough imho…….we don’t rock up and start bayoneting fuzzy wuzzys anymore so should we be taken to court for doing it 150 years ago ?

As I say, it’s interesting to ponder…..

• Like 4

Just had a look, the average age to get married in the 1900s was around 20+ which is older than I thought it would be given people were working in factory’s from 14 

They raised the legal age of marriage to 16 for women in the 1800s

There is rightly a lot of vitriol directed now days to people like Wyman and Lewis but I don’t remember back in the 80s thinking much of Wyman and Smith and I don’t recall many other people making much noise about it either ?

Did we all take this as seriously 40+ years ago ?

Should we have done ?

Are we just retrospectively pulling ourselves up on it based on modern ‘rules’ ? …….should we ? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Bill Wyman & Mandy Smith !

As I remember, nobody batted an eyelid.

Looking at it coldly, I think there is a very, very fuzzy line about imposing modern standards on things that wasn’t a problem years ago.

Gerry Lee Lewis springs to mind, his cousin was 13 (which imho is way too young !) when they got married but they were married for 12 years and had 2 kids.

Don’t forget, people used to leave school and start work at 14.

Whatever, it’s an interesting and difficult conversation……

If something can be proven to be actual rape and abuse all them years ago then fair enough…..but simply applying modern rules to the acts of the past isn’t enough imho…….we don’t rock up and start bayoneting fuzzy wuzzys anymore so should we be taken to court for doing it 150 years ago ?

As I say, it’s interesting to ponder…..

i think lorri mattix got through quite a few rock stars in the 70s and she was only 14 ,i think she's linked to jimmy page ,david bowie ,iggypop ,jeff beck ,carl emerson and whole lot more ,like you said no one seemed to bat an eye 

9 minutes ago, greg64 said:

i think lorri mattix got through quite a few rock stars in the 70s and she was only 14 ,i think she's linked to jimmy page ,david bowie ,iggypop ,jeff beck ,carl emerson and whole lot more ,like you said no one seemed to bat an eye 

It’s strange mate, even old TV favourites I watch now and wince !

Watched “High Plains Drifter” for about the millionth time the other night and there’s a scene where he just grabs the bird and drags her off to the barn and it’s seen as “manly” and “cool”…..and I’m going “Oh, that didn’t age well!”

Same as the two Ronnies, watched a sketch where one says to the other something along the lines of “just grab the tea lady and give her one” and after it’s shown that she quiet enjoyed it……nobody batted and eyelid back then ?

Have we all (even old farts like me) become all too sensitive or what ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Have we all (even old farts like me) become all too sensitive or what ?

Your now officially a fully badged member of the Woke snowflake club 😂

• Haha 3

My old boss was 20 odd when he got with his first wife and she was 15 . He said he used to pick her up from school . When i asked him wasnt there outcry from people he said nobody cared or thought anything about it . Nowdays if a 20 year old was picking up a 15 year old from school for dates there would be outrage 

Weird but interesting topic . Another question would be if it was ok years ago why is it not ok now . 

I had a friend when he was 15 years old in high school he was sleeping with a 21 year old woman who wqs stunning . Everybody was gelous