Little Bargain

Hi there gents, been sitting in the shadows quietly popping in the section now and again missing shooting a lot so been looking for a new rifle for myself for a while to wander the firlds with the dogs over the summer. Although cant justify spending the money needed for what i wanted at the moment i was still eager to get out again so popped into the local shop for a gander, picked up a nice looking nearly new .177 Gamo gx40 with silencer and bipod for £270 which i thought was a deal, 10 shot so ideal for what i want and felt really comfy in the shoulder so for that price i was happy at least it will get me out and about until funds allow for bigger and better in the future.

anyone had one of these and are they any good ? or did i waste my money? 

going to pop a spare hawke 3-9-40 ao scope i have laying around on tonight and start t enjoy myself again.

cheers all 

BT

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

looking at getting one for my boy Tom,I've read up on them,mixed reviews,I'd be  interested how you get on with it ?..there's a decent selection of second hand guns at Valley pet and angling ?

will do mate so far really happy with it nice and easy to use, and feels comfortable for me, will test it out fully tomorrow.

yeah thats where i picked it up from mate had a few bits at decent prices from him in the past, its a handy little place ?

• Like 1

Same action as the Phox, Venari, Boxer and BSA Buccaneer. BSA barrel. Made in Birmingham. The only bits that are Gamo are the trigger and the stock.

I've had one for nearly 3 years, better than the S200 I had before. Look at the reviews on AGF. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JakeFury said:

Been looking for a bargain like that myself. GX40 is probably the ultimate low cost PCP from what I can tell 

It seems that way mate, ive owned a fair few rifles and honestly so far this is really taking my liking. keep looking im sure there is a bargain out there for you ?

Quick zero this morning and we’ll happy with this 30m H&N ftt 8.64 gr nice little 6 shot group really pleased me, not done any pellet testing yet or anything serious just zeroing and a quick play.

2 shots on bottom was from zeroing 

atb BT

E9E60A00-7DDB-4561-A49D-896F3F921F36.jpeg.dab38bae2dcfddd10721bd8220217b99.jpeg

• Like 2
On 29/06/2022 at 13:45, BIG TOM said:

Hi there gents, been sitting in the shadows quietly popping in the section now and again missing shooting a lot so been looking for a new rifle for myself for a while to wander the firlds with the dogs over the summer. Although cant justify spending the money needed for what i wanted at the moment i was still eager to get out again so popped into the local shop for a gander, picked up a nice looking nearly new .177 Gamo gx40 with silencer and bipod for £270 which i thought was a deal, 10 shot so ideal for what i want and felt really comfy in the shoulder so for that price i was happy at least it will get me out and about until funds allow for bigger and better in the future.

anyone had one of these and are they any good ? or did i waste my money? 

going to pop a spare hawke 3-9-40 ao scope i have laying around on tonight and start t enjoy myself again.

cheers all 

BT

Hi Tom,how much of a selection of springers did they have there?

All the times I've been to Screwfix around the corner and I didn't know they stocked guns?

I'll Have to pop in and have a gander.