very strong 9 year old girl

19 minutes ago, big sid said:

to young for that caper will injure herself.

is it any different to doing other sports at the same age...look at the gymnastics.... eastern europe ...russia ...china ..all start there athletes at a young age regardless of which sport.....

thing is like you i have herd that said by my dad and other peers growing up.....and we just accept its right....but is it...?

i think so long as the kids want to do it....and its fun...then why not  

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, TOMO said:

is it any different to doing other sports at the same age...look at the gymnastics.... eastern europe ...russia ...china ..all start there athletes at a young age regardless of which sport.....

thing is like you i have herd that said by my dad and other peers growing up.....and we just accept its right....but is it...?

Exactly... just because its always been done that way doesn't make it right. Had this argument regarding hunting and fishing many times 

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

I think it's to young myself,lifting heaving will damage her,not good for developing joints an bones,,other sports are mostly bodyweight like gymnastics etc 

• Like 1

If its kosher, and I don't think it is,then its abusive. Parents who push their kids, male or female, for their own  warped agenda are bad news all round. I've always found the loudest parents on the touch line are the ones  trying to make up for their own inadequacies. 

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

If its kosher, and I don't think it is,then its abusive. Parents who push their kids for their own  warped agenda are bad news all round.

Theirs some kid (cant work out if its a boy or a girl) called aarat or something . Little footballing kid , is everywhere online doing skills and doing fitness etc videoed and published by her / his parents , cant be more than 8 years old  . Im all for enthusiastic kids and parents who help them but i do feel a bit sorry for the kids its put online . 

• Like 1

Living your life through your kids is  bad for parents and kids. When you read about the kind of lives the Williams sisters had ,it puts their success in perspective. Same for Thierry Henry,Tiger Woods. Their parents were hyper critical and withheld approval and love unless they achieved success. I think most force fed, high achieving kids just wished they had had a normal childhood.

• Like 2

Think it could be legit, some big nine year olds, and power to weight feasible imo, and with good technique?
That said, it wouldn’t be my daughter. I’ve always stopped mine picking up heavy weights, be it helping move slabs in the garden, or lifting dumbbells in the garage. No way I’d want them getting a bad back injury at a young age, it could fcuk them up for life.