Bit off snareing now much now sett 10 snares

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well after listening to you lads and tweaking my wires,I'm off the mark?,only the  one but it's a start??Thank you to all you lads for sharing your knowledge and not ripping the piss? ?

Sett them at 2pm check at 9pm yesterday 

6 1/2  inchs  is the standard for shortish Grass

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

20220627_214100.jpg

20220627_213758.jpg

Took a fella out who was seting some snares But he said he wasn't getting any rabbits so had a look at his set up well don't think he was going to get his dinner any time soon lol that's was them and that's him now setting them ? 

IMG-20220628-WA0001.jpg

20220428_114744.jpg

1 minute ago, Ferretman65 said:

Took a fella out who was seting some snares But he said he wasn't getting any rabbits so had a look at his set up well don't think he was going to get his dinner any time soon lol that's was them and that's him now setting them ? 

IMG-20220628-WA0001.jpg

20220428_114744.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 28/06/2022 at 14:09, micky said:

Good effort ?i hope to snare a few myself  come October.

16716156_10208168416197199_877231060349005559_o.jpg

Micky, what would carry away my fenn mk 6 ? (other than a two legged fox) I was learning, couple of years ago, with these, & pretty sure NOW, probably ,..? I didn't have it pegged securely enough,.....was one before this , same embankment , another hole,.....GONE the next day ?,...so I obviously secured the above better, shortly after ! ? 

IMG_20200718_154401.jpg

IMG_20200718_154317.jpg

A fox or badger i lost 2 mk6s out of 50 in a big sandy banking time you replace them cuts in to the price of the job . I thought it may have been the fishery owner next door as he often walked his two west highland terriers round the field but i hope it wasnt him .

• Like 2
12 hours ago, The one said:

A fox or badger i lost 2 mk6s out of 50 in a big sandy banking time you replace them cuts in to the price of the job . I thought it may have been the fishery owner next door as he often walked his two west highland terriers round the field but i hope it wasnt him .

Cheers, aye, there's folk about where I was setting them too,......just not sure,...brand new trap too ! ? 

I wish I had taken the time to learn how to snare..  it would be nice to set a few and then go drop a net  collecting snares on the way back..

When I tap the peg on my boot the rabbits in the fields next to me would get up and go...

1 hour ago, smithie said:

I wish I had taken the time to learn how to snare..  it would be nice to set a few and then go drop a net  collecting snares on the way back..

When I tap the peg on my boot the rabbits in the fields next to me would get up and go...

never to late to give it ago?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, smithie said:

Give it ago mate its pretty addictive,  I started not long ago and although I was trying to snare on shite ground ( grass to high no clear runs etc etc ) its pretty addictive,  snared rabbits phesant and a hare since starting and it's a nice skill to have , will be doing plenty more come season , 

• Like 3
On 13/08/2022 at 22:25, Elchapo said:

Give it ago mate its pretty addictive,  I started not long ago and although I was trying to snare on shite ground ( grass to high no clear runs etc etc ) its pretty addictive,  snared rabbits phesant and a hare since starting and it's a nice skill to have , will be doing plenty more come season , 

a managed to snare one or two (only) brown hares  ( in season) here, too (one snare set  , at appropriate height, etc, each time,..hare in them early next morning),...for the pot,......i was told off a couple of old countrymen/poachers, local,   "hares are easier to snare than rabbits " ?,........i discovered they were right ! 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

a managed to snare one or two (only) brown hares  ( in season) here, too (one snare set  , at appropriate height, etc, each time,..hare in them early next morning),...for the pot,......i was told off a couple of old countrymen/poachers, local,   "hares are easier to snare than rabbits " ?,........i discovered they were right ! 

Never snared a hare, but have had loads of rabbits. 

On 14/08/2022 at 11:01, W. Katchum said:

Grab copy or woodga’s dvd an away you go, you’ll have it cracked in no time 

I might just do that ? I have some of his snares, maybe 30 and I made tealers (I think that's what there called) 

• Like 1