Patterdale X whippet?

14 minutes ago, C.green said:

Hard to find a really good one but if your lucky enough there a good bit of fun no matter what ya getting upto

just get a you know what c green you will stop

every munty you slip on 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depends what you wanted it for, but I think it would be a handy cross. My “whippet” is 1/4 JRT. Can’t go wrong with a bit of terrier in there.

Pup in pic is bedy whippet x pat whippet and all pups from this litter made good small lurchers ,I never bred this x again but looking back maybe I should have as they all turned out OK 

not as fast as a whippet but faster than a terrier.....

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, C.green said:

I liked the little dog retrieved brilliantly lamping was ok for a dog hes size but wasnt too keen on tangling with muntjac hence why he went to someone just for rabbiting. I was lucky enough to buy a bitch abit bigger that was mad for them but she was killed on a road. You know yourself a good whippet type with a big heart is a good bit of sport on them munties and thats the main thing i go out for these days.

I had a little 23tts bitch that used to love roe but never had hence to try her on a munty

11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

just get a you know what c green you will stop

every munty you slip on 

Its more finding a amall dog that punches above its wieght than it is about getting sommat to just flatten them if you know what i mean. One with the terriers in a bush is worth 5 on the lamp in fields to me.

Edited by C.green
9 minutes ago, C.green said:

Its more finding a amall dog that punches above its wieght than it is about getting sommat to just flatten them if you know what i mean. 

? i’m same like em daytime  c green 

Edited by mC HULL
18 hours ago, socks said:

I’ve gone down the smaller terrier cross lurchers and I must say I’m very impressed. I only need them to work rats and rabbits and they do the jobs perfectly. 

nice little dog that ken, i think they make great little knock about type lurcher. i  did see a great vid , of this x pat x whippet, the main vid is killing rats , but the blokes on the vid, say they very good rabbit dogs , plenty of pace for rabbits, and deff pile in  to any fox that that they might bump into . suppose  you could get a pup this x , if you got the dam = whippet, or whippet x grey dam, now that be worth a go if you was more of a lamping bloke than just rats and rabbits . but like say if you not got a  whippet or whippet x grey bitch, you struggle  getting a pup. i did say few years ago when i watched the vid  that i liked them, maybe when old Buck gone , maybe little x like this be spot on, if you could find one .?

Saw a pic of a 1st cross pat x whippet, rough coated, on Facebook a couple of days ago but can't find it. Looked a little slower built for a general type but if put to a greyhound could make a useful type. 

• Like 1

many years ago a chap around me bred a litter of bull x whippets, not the bull x of today. these were the old type of Staffordshire, a leaner leggier than today's staff. all the litter made handy dogs, working on various stuff. mate had a dog pup, his only complaint was he was sometimes inclined to drop on other dogs. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ferretman65 said:

Patterdale whippet is fine for Bushing and ratings if that's.what you our into But anything going across the field well that's another story each to there own 

Why not go to the greyhound first I think that would be far better just my opinion