badger in the city centre

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Otters in most waterways now, an like you say some right bang in residential areas 

fished the river twice so far this season...had one tip up in my swim both times?...after eels I suspect as it was very muggy?

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I was very surprised I never saw any this morn when I was packing up, they be there somwhere tho, had a nice variety of fish tho from little uns right upto decent size so they not having too much of an impact here yet, touch wood 

I only see them when the feeder streams dry up abit,they come  back in the main river ...been catching decent size chub tbf,I think the barbel could still be spawning that's why they are scarce ?speaking to the carp lads...there's a 32lb ghost carp swimming in the one stretch..and a good 15 plus over 20lb...they start going missing,I can see there being a problem ?

12 hours ago, WILF said:

City centres are lifting with gear, lamping any green space at night in London or the burbs will give you endless fun.

Just before moving here I had to get the train into London for a final interview. Just as the train was pulling into the city, there was about 20 foxes chilling out, just at the entrance of a tunnel. Couldn’t believe that many foxes in one place!

57 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Just before moving here I had to get the train into London for a final interview. Just as the train was pulling into the city, there was about 20 foxes chilling out, just at the entrance of a tunnel. Couldn’t believe that many foxes in one place!

My old mum feeds 5 every night, they come to a whistle !

They come right up to her.

They are very tame and very bold, funny to see them all chittering away fighting over the food.

4 hours ago, Foxdropper2 said:

The cull here has made a huge dent in the population .Almost a talking point to see one ,a far cry from 6 years ago when we were tripping over them .They are about but I’d say they’ve learnt to come out in the early hours .

Otters a regular sight now on the Avon .

Mate of mine lost all his koi last week and otter had to climb 6 foot wall to get  them .All fish dead on his decking with brains and guts gone .

Same around my parts. There about just not in number. Good to see you back on 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Foxdropper2 said:

Unfortunately Don, I think they arnt issuing any more licenses .

Shame as we have seen an upturn in all ground nesters and rabbits on a comeback .

Hedgehog everywhere round here 

• Like 1

Found them this time of year in the day laid in bramble next to busy footpaths. I think real dry summers kill alot off seen a few that dont have an ounce of fat om them look more like ferrets this time of year

23 minutes ago, C.green said:

Found them this time of year in the day laid in bramble next to busy footpaths. I think real dry summers kill alot off seen a few that dont have an ounce of fat om them look more like ferrets this time of year

Walked up on one on a golf course one night, it was enormous !…..poxy thing was like a baby Panda !

I think @THE STIFFMEISTER was with me?……can’t remember off the top of my head.

They have thinned them right out around me and the Hedge Hogs are coming back in strength as they used to come right into the outskirts of town. Even had them turn out my compost bin.

Keepers have taken all the Foxes out so no Hunting done on my perms now I'm missing that. Hares are on the increase down to the Badger cull. Rabbit burrows not being f****d up by them.

People don't realise the damage they do. I like to see the odd one about but like other lads said too many when you see seven or eight in one field at night. Might try a bit of night long netting again instead of worrying you are going to get the net f****d by one.

Cheers Arry

• Like 5