" Streaming " / Streamers ?

6 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I would mark it under the column "not worth me knowing or finding out" .

Enquiring minds though .... ;)

I'm 'in a place', right now. Nothing's happening / getting done, with me. I'm just hunkered down and Need lots of free flowing nothing muchness to see me through.

I've found this one guy. Ironically, he talks about old internet memes! Half the time, I've no idea what one he's on about. But, he's incredibly personable and engaging. I sit listening to his shit endlessly.

Only, 'today' he mentioned he'd been mentioned by " Pew Die Pie ", is it? Now, that's a name I've seen randomly crop up since for ever! Again, actively avoided it. Didn't want to know.

But, my man talked about it and showed shots / clips? From what little I could gather, it's just some young guy who talks?! Fukk knows what about. But, he seems well famous for it. On line. What ever. I wonder/ed why.

So, yeah. I get that some people get (on line) famous, just for expounding their views on shit. Fair enough. If it's a girl, and she's gorgeous? Probably easier. They're welcome.

But, just as this very thread is now partly about " Nesting "; So someone could, conceivably, come here for 'Streamers' and find themselves wondering wtf 'Nesting' is. Something completely off topic and beyond their experience.

So, I'm listening to this bloke, when he mentions someone who seems to just opine on god knows what ~ and millions listen (?!) And this girl, again, whose core subject drew my attention. But, who has all this other shit going on that I just can't fathom.

My Dad's been dead over half a century now. Quite often, as I pick up my phone, to check my bank balance, or what ever, I think of Dad looking over my shoulder. Can you Imagine that?!

" What's That, son?!? ". And, somehow, I find it very hard to imagine he'd just say; " Your 'phone? And you're looking at ye bank balance, ' On Line ' with it? That picture's your bank statement? Oh. Well, this isn't for me. I'm off for a walk. "  He just wouldn't Be that trope :rolleyes:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh for the simple things in life, like 'nesting' or tickling trout.  f****n hate all this unnecessary, modern bullshit everyone seems to think we actually need, these days!!  Not aimed direc

I used to have my collection in shirt boxes lined with cotton wool.  On top of the upright piano we had ?‍♀️ mother's cat scat one box off one time.  Can't remember but I think I would have done a Zum

You get them at parties and celebrations ,quite common actually ,surprised at your ignorance .

Posted Images

3 hours ago, baker boy said:

Greylag Goose was the ultimate egg for us as kids 

Imagine a "Nesting" show on YouTube, travelling the UK, Europe, even the world looking for nests ??

• Like 3
8 hours ago, baker boy said:

I had a great crested grebe, we swam to an island for it in a big inner tube .....those were the days. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, mackem said:

Imagine a "Nesting" show on YouTube, travelling the UK, Europe, even the world looking for nests ??

BTO have run a scheme since for ever now. 'Nest Recording Scheme'. Actively encourages, even runs courses on how to find nests. All the fun, and the bragging rights. Ye just don't rape and fukk up nature for it :good:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, bell said:

I had a great crested grebe, we swam to an island for it in a big inner tube .....those were the days. 

I had a Hawaiian goose or Nene's egg in the early 1980's,in the 1950's they were so rare there was only between 30-50 of the birds in captivity. 

52 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

BTO have run a scheme since for ever now. 'Nest Recording Scheme'. Actively encourages, even runs courses on how to find nests. All the fun, and the bragging rights. Ye just don't rape and fukk up nature for it :good:

Every schoolboys wet dream that course would have been back in the day ?

IMG_20220627_063231.jpg

Edited by mackem
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, baker boy said:

I took a swan egg from the island at Caerphilly castle,would of been around 91/92...swapped it for 10 embassy No1? with an old boy G.Smith lived on my estate....my one brother was found unconscious at the bottom of a quarry after the older boys took him, falling trying to get a perigrine egg ...broke his collar bone and his leg?front page news on ceefax? he was a right little cnut for nesting...countless buzzards,tawny owls and a few spars,was always something in the shed?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Every schoolboys wet dream that course would have been back in the day ?

It annoys me that my Hearing's gone now, mate. That, and the thought of all those years spent, wandering around with a cricked neck, and peering into every bush :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, mackem said:

I had a Hawaiian goose or Nene's egg in the early 1980's,in the 1950's they were so rare there was only between 30-50 of the birds in captivity. 

27 minutes ago, mackem said:

Washington wildfowl trust ?

4 minutes ago, bell said:

Washington wildfowl trust ?

Oh, it was so long ago and time dims the memory ? but I had a lot of different duck, goose, and Swan eggs back then ? I just remembered, I used to walk my dogs past Washington Wildfowl Park most nights ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I took a swan egg from the island at Caerphilly castle,would of been around 91/92...swapped it for 10 embassy No1? with an old boy G.Smith lived on my estate....my one brother was found unconscious at the bottom of a quarry after the older boys took him, falling trying to get a perigrine egg ...broke his collar bone and his leg?front page news on ceefax? he was a right little cnut for nesting...countless buzzards,tawny owls and a few spars,was always something in the shed?

Lol would that be over gwaelod way, d c, the quarry?