Jim barker and minshaws

10 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Naismiths rule states that you average 1 km per 15 mins walking therefore 4 kph in the flat 

You pass sas selection at 5 kph in the beacons 

to walk 30 miles in a day let’s call it 48 km 

you must therefore walking a total of 12 hours constantly to make the distance , that’s without running the dog , sorting game , testing etc that’s 15 hours say 

fair play mc hull , you must have been on the balcony behind macaleese to maintain that level of fitness regularly 

Yeah I forgot u were a forces guy ,thank you for your service sir ,nuf respect ? 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only ever seen the one dog in the flesh....was a very old dog at the time,the man that had it,used to be on here(well known and respected)..he  had run lurchers and dug terriers the lenght of the UK a

I had mine right back in the 90,s way back before Jim barker bred any, never seen any of his stuff and never heard of the man till the tinternet started. My old dog was  a grandson of vics blue, and t

I had a bitch out of Blue. It was useless. A real comic. When it saw a hare it would never actually course it, it would try and herd it and sometimes run a few fields away expecting the hare to sudden

Posted Images

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

My first three vehicles were a Morris 1000 van, a Viva van and a Simca van, ( anyone remember, or heard of, them ? ), all used for lamping in the late 60's, early 70's.

Car Spotlight, lead acid battery, Barbour jacket with rotted pockets, those were the days, eh ?

Cheers.

I remember them all. My first lamping van was a Renault four, used to stand on the passenger seat with roof open and lamp from there. Had an ex GPO comma van! 4 of us used to travel to Lincolnshire or Norfolk in it to either longnet rabbits or run hares. In 70s had a morris/austin marina van, In 1982 I got a brand new Austin metro van, {wish I still owned it] I drowned in in Suffolk on my first weekend end away with it! it was never right after that. One thing they all had in common was the fact the were total crap.

As a Little test to try and hammer home what kind of pace you are walking with 

6 kph , is a km every ten mins 

a km in ten mins is a 100m per minute 

to walk 28 miles in 8 hrs , is 100m every minute for 8hrs 

Let’s say the average football pitch is a hundred meters long 

that’s 2 mins to walk from one goal posts to the other , and back in 120 secs 

try that walking your dog tomorrow ….

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

My dad had a 2.8 capri. Not sure if he killed it on the way home from Combe Martin after plenty of ale. Worth a few bob now 

that will be in the Dinosaur park now then ..................image.jpeg.3ab79c06d042dd2bf44ab3876611f465.jpeg

Simca also did a version of the van called the Matra Simca, it looked like a small discovery, but I allways liked a van.

IMG_1900.JPG.88a89e13169634fcbe3e59fa7b31cb7f.JPG

Cheers.

a Rancho.................... takes me back 

Simca also did a version of the van called the Matra Simca, it looked like a small discovery, but I allways liked a van.

An old lad I knew back then, Billy Chanter , had one of those Russian motorbikes and sidecar, reverse gear, two wheel drive. Used to take his dogs everywhere in it ?

Cheers.

Cossack bike.

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

As a Little test to try and hammer home what kind of pace you are walking with 

6 kph , is a km every ten mins 

a km in ten mins is a 100m per minute 

to walk 28 miles in 8 hrs , is 100m every minute for 8hrs 

Let’s say the average football pitch is a hundred meters long 

that’s 2 mins to walk from one goal posts to the other , and back in 120 secs 

try that walking your dog tomorrow ….

this is the walk stiff C9CE51DF-CC00-447B-93FE-60C4C5EC5E65.png.f71c7031f4ed35d5594937f6aeec9f82.png

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

As I’ve said , that’s without rest etc , that’s rated at nearly 5 kph , well , 4.8 so it’s basically 3 miles an hour walking pace 

not bad going if you can maintain that 

that is a walk in the park to trudging the slop from first light to 3 pm dead a winter mate ? 

22 minutes ago, levigsp said:

Cossack bike.

Me and a mate bought a cossack voskhod in 1982, for £20.

Wasn't really rideable for a few days, until my mate did a bit of work on it lol.

175cc  scrambler

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1