Jim barker and minshaws

2 minutes ago, mackem said:

I actually thought he was doing a book in collaboration with JD, maybe it's still in the pipeline? 

I thought the same there was talk of it am doing a book and Andy was one of a few I spoke of as dedicating there lives to runners .I'm sure it would be a decent read

• Like 1

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only ever seen the one dog in the flesh....was a very old dog at the time,the man that had it,used to be on here(well known and respected)..he  had run lurchers and dug terriers the lenght of the UK a

I had mine right back in the 90,s way back before Jim barker bred any, never seen any of his stuff and never heard of the man till the tinternet started. My old dog was  a grandson of vics blue, and t

I had a bitch out of Blue. It was useless. A real comic. When it saw a hare it would never actually course it, it would try and herd it and sometimes run a few fields away expecting the hare to sudden

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I thought the same there was talk of it am doing a book and Andy was one of a few I spoke of as dedicating there lives to runners .I'm sure it would be a decent read

That sounds interesting, what theme does it follow, general lurcher work or a "Hunters All" type book with various people allocated their own chapters? 

16 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

he seems to a been round a few dogs over the years and talks sense blacky you only have to hear is opinion on bull xs to know he talks the truth ? 

26 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

he seems to a been round a few dogs over the years and talks sense blacky you only have to hear is opinion on bull xs to know he talks the truth ? 

Kin el, Magoo.  Bull crosses ain't my type of dog either, but ffs, hava a day off!!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Kin el, Magoo.  Bull crosses ain't my type of dog either, but ffs, hava a day off!!

no day off mate im on katch and big ron’s neck like a bull x i aren’t letting go ? 

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Andys actually got bull in his current dogs you idiot must thought those coursing dogs are missing a bit ?‍♂️

Edited by Sammyballer
  • Like 2

Minshaw and his dogs easily summed up.

Bred from a base of hill collie to BIG coursing greyhounds and line/inbred etc.

Big smooth coated and strong dogs, looked after and trained and exercised properly they would work long hard shifts and put plenty of game in the bag with few injuries over very rough ground. this was in the 80s and they got plenty of work on rabbit, hares and deer.

Vic was a decent enough lad to talk to, he would as already said invite you in and have a good yarn with you.

The last time I saw a true minshaw was in the early nineties, although I saw some in a kennel at Stockton ? in 2010 that were meant to be line bred minshaw origin. I liked them they were similar to my dogs just a little taller on average and suffered a little with the thinner air at that altitude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Sammyballer said:

Andys actually got bull in his current dogs you idiot must thought those coursing dogs are missing a bit ?‍♂️

? have to ask him if i’m they are an improvement over what he had 

a quote of his i liked - not enough wind to blow a candle out ? 

• Haha 3

Only ever seen the one dog in the flesh....was a very old dog at the time,the man that had it,used to be on here(well known and respected)..he  had run lurchers and dug terriers the lenght of the UK and Ireland,he rated them highly.. a man who's word you could trust,and a fountain of knowledge when it comes to hunting ... shame he doesn't come on here anymore...to many ' know it alls' on here...wernt fit enough to pick up his dog shit or lace his boots...same story with most of  the old members who don't bother anymore..this site is poorer without their knowledge and input ??

• Like 11
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

? have to ask him if i’m they are an improvement over what he had 

a quote of his i liked - not enough wind to blow a candle out ? 

Think hes opinion on them depends on weather hes had his meds or not. Sometimes he talks sense other times way out there

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, levigsp said:

Minshaw and his dogs easily summed up.

Bred from a base of hill collie to BIG coursing greyhounds and line/inbred etc.

Big smooth coated and strong dogs, looked after and trained and exercised properly they would work long hard shifts and put plenty of game in the bag with few injuries over very rough ground. this was in the 80s and they got plenty of work on rabbit, hares and deer.

Vic was a decent enough lad to talk to, he would as already said invite you in and have a good yarn with you.

The last time I saw a true minshaw was in the early nineties, although I saw some in a kennel at Stockton ? in 2010 that were meant to be line bred minshaw origin. I liked them they were similar to my dogs just a little taller on average and suffered a little with the thinner air at that altitude.

suffered at the higher altitude in the uk....really?

• Like 1